By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would be the overall result of a stalemate between Wii and PS3 in Japan?

Aiemond said:

Where was the market saturation on the ps2? But not every wii owner has a ps3 (in fact about 4-5 million do not). And, not all ps3 owners have a wii. I mean, not all gamecube owners had a ps2. And not all of those are "casuals") And the controller is not even a real part of the equation, its how many systems are there. Face it, most of the nich publishers will not have any reason to give a shit about HD. You think gust gives a damn if it has hd graphics? Look at ar tenelico or Atelier Iris and come back and tell me this.

Now PS3 is doing better than gamecube so we can expect a bit more support. And, it does have ffxiii. So, it will get more support than gamecube. But to think it will get equal attention, or even half is absurd.

Edit: And if they did have both systems how would there be saturation (in your outrageous example)? That makes no sense. If you have both systems are you gonna go out one day and say "well, we have alot of wii rpgs, lets just go get a ps3 one for shits and giggles."

The OP was asking what would happen if the Wii and PS3 had a competitive situation in Japan.  That was the question my post answered.

What question are you answering with your remarks?  Who are you arguing with?  Yourself?  Your own imagining of the question?  If you want to dismiss the question as something you refuse to consider as a possibility, go ahead... you should probably leave the thread, however, since you're not contributing to it.

Around the Network

Only time can tell.

I doubt there will be a stalemate between the wii and the ps3 in Japan. Both consoles will have spikes during big releases and dips when there are few good games releasing.

However in the long term there will also be other factors like price cuts, colours and hardware revisions. Ultimately I think there is a chance that both could be successful over the next few years. Over the last 2 years the Wii has been more so but it's very hard to predict what will eventuate at this point.

Hopefully they will both have much success in that region as the last thing we need right now is for the Japan home console market to shrink any more than it has.