By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yes, I got the Wii!!!!!!

I just got me a Wii today; It feels great! The only thing is the Paper Mario doesn't work, so I got to take it back and get a new copy, which is lame. I wanted to play it right away. I'm still waiting on my friend to bring me my resident Evil so I can have something to play, because Madden isn't cutting it.

Around the Network

Congrats!

You should give Elebits a spin (Rent? Pretty cheap used though). That is my favorite game to show off what the Wii can do, control wise.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Elebits? What type of game is it? I really wanna by Zelda. I really enjoyed Windwalker, so I think I would like Zelda alot.

a cpule of games I really enjoyed which nobody digs that much is Koprina and Tony Hawks Downhill Jam. Very easy to pick up yet so addictive, even if koprina is a little short you wont put it down until it's finished

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

If you are looking for Ultracheapo you could always download some Virtual Console games. Punchoout is a personal favorite of mine. Along with Castlevania and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition.

Around the Network

Elebits is a crazy first person physic-puzzle/exploration/monster hunting game. You go around with a gravity gun searching for hundreds of little creatures called Elebits.

Elebits are used for powering the fictional world, so as you catch them, they start to power up the lights, electronic devices, cars, theme park rides. There are some innovative (but easy) boss battles, too.

The looks is kinda kiddie, and so is the voice actig. But the controls are awesome, and really show off the strengths of the Wii-mote. Pick up objects or interact with fixtures, twisting, pulling, pushing things out of the way or to knock elebits into view. The gravity gun gets stronger as the game goes on, going from only being able to lift up small things early on to moving cars and ultimately turning a themepark up-side down (quite literally).

There is also a cool level editor, multiplayer, special challenges, and lots of achievements.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Hey, Grandmaster! Glad to see you picked up a Wii. With that and the PS3, you have two very fun consoles that are also very distinct. I'm sure it'll be great to have both to give you different types of experiences.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

congrats on getting a wii, if ya looking for a game to buy Mario strikers charged is pretty good its also really hard if your looking for a challenging game

buy godfather man...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Excite Truck, dude!
After Zelda and RE:4 it's the best game out!

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000