By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2009 games - or the lack thereof.

I predict Forza 3 will be announced soon and Alan Wait & Splinter Cell will get Q4 release dates. Along with Halo: ODST, that's a decent holiday lineup. And probably more casual stuff. People shouldn't expect too much- as you said, Gears 2 was their only major 2008 game that MS announced and released within the same year.

Around the Network

they also said that they had 2 games that r new.one is a fighting game and 1 is a action adventure.one of which is being made internally

I predict that the Xbox 360 is going to have the best console lineup ever in the history of console lineups.

In essence everything Microsoft sells is better than everything any other console offers!

Well isn't that how annoying fanboys do it?

Tease.

Looks like there are several people from first party M$ groups speaking at GDC.

Featured Speakers

Mark Cerny
Cerny Games
Norihiko Hibino
GEM Impact, Inc.
Clinton Keith
Clinton Keith Consulting
Hiroshi Matsuyama
Cyber Connect 2
Peter Molyneux
Lionhead Studios
Patrick Redding
Ubisoft Montreal
Hitoshi Sakimoto
Basiscape International
Randy Smith
Electronic Arts
David Wu
Microsoft Game Studios
Corrinne Yu
Halo Team Microsoft

dsister44 said:
they also said that they had 2 games that r new.one is a fighting game and 1 is a action adventure.one of which is being made internally

Well they're silly for leaving it this late to announce said titles if this turns out to be true. These titles would be doomed to fail sales-wise, much like banjo kazooie and viva pinata before them

Around the Network
Chacron said:
dsister44 said:

Well they're silly for leaving it this late to announce said titles if this turns out to be true. These titles would be doomed to fail sales-wise, much like banjo kazooie and viva pinata before them

So what is the time frame that a game needs to be announced in before it is doomed to fail?

Squilliam said:
I predict that the Xbox 360 is going to have the best console lineup ever in the history of console lineups.

In essence everything Microsoft sells is better than everything any other console offers!

Well isn't that how annoying fanboys do it?

Have you seen what those keynote are about? Something tells me the only one we may see game teases in is molyneux's

Chacron said:
dsister44 said:

hey viva pinata got a million sales and bannjo will come back

a million shipped is different to a million sold. Through heavy bundling in the US & EU yes they shipped 1 million copies, but the title never broke the top 10 NPD nor if I recall correctly the UK ELSPA charts. It was a flop sales-wise.

Seems like you are quoting the wrong people?