By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DMC 4 Looks better on 360!

Too all the PS3 fans in this thread visciously attacking the validity of the thread's topic...

Are you seriously trying to convince us or yourselves?

“The Hardcore of the Peach is its pits. Try to get the whole fruit!”

- John Lucas

“Every industry is filled with the grave stones of companies who kept doing the same thing.”

- Reggie Fils-Aime

“You don’t play Graphics, you look at them.”

- Unknown

“Casual Gaming = Anything that’s not an FPS”

- Sony Fandom

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
bugmenot said:
WiteoutKing said:
Million-sellers, third-party:
Wii: 2 - Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel
PS3: 0
360: 5 - Gears of War, Crackdown, Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3, Forza Motorsport 2

Million-sellers, first-party:
Wii: 6 - Wii Sports, Wii Play, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Party 8, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario
PS3: 2 - Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm
360: 15

I'm pretty sure Microsoft didn't pay Nintendo $250 million dollars to have Perfect Dark called a 3rd party game. Refile that one under First Party. Rareware is wholey owned by Microsoft and all their games are now published under the Microsoft Label.

WiteoutKing obviously made a mistake for the 360. Games he listed as 3rd party are actually 1st party games and the number of 1st party million sellers is actually the number of 3rd party million sellers.

The numbers and names for Wii and PS3 are correct.

I wasn't sure. While Gears of War, Crackdown, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Forza Motorsport 2 were all published by Microsoft, none of them were developed first party (actually, who made Crackdown?), and so I thought he was implying it was the 3rd party list. Then again, that would ignore obvious 3rd party million sellers such as Call of Duty and Madden. Hmm. I should have really realised that one. Oops.

starcraft said:
ChichiriMuyo said:
Read the article, makes this thread seem completely asinine. The games are almost identical, but whatever difference they MIGHT have picked up are minor AND they had so little time with each version that they couldn't even make a fair comparison.

All things said, the article almost implicitly states: "Don't make a thread titled 'DMC 4 Looks better on 360!' or you'll look like a jackass trying to start a fanboy war." Really, ten seconds is all it takes for them to confirm this thread isn't just unnecessary but also incorrect at a base level.

Have i made grandoise claims of superior graphical power for the xbox 360? No

Have i indicated that the gameplay will be any better on the xbox 360? No

The threads title is "DMC Looks better on the 360."  The article states that "The PlayStation 3 version looks marginally less refined to us." What this shows is that my thread is actually CORRECT at a base level.  It might also be worth your noting that in my very first post i stated that "the difference is only marginal."  Stop taking every little statement as a broad assault on your console of choice, and treat it as what it is.

I'm sorry, when did we start talking about the Wii?  I thought we were talking about the PS3 and 360, neither of which I own now and neither of which I will buy until they prove to be worth it.  I got a Wii assuming it would have good games, I won't be replacing either of the other two's predecessors until I know they do.  Just because someone calls you out on making a bad topic with a worse title doesn't mean they're some sort of irrational fanboy.

The fact of the matter is, they state just as clearly in the article that whatever difference MIGHT exist is too insignificant to make topics like this about it.  And for that, they have almost nothing to base their opinion on and have admited it.  There's not a whole lot you can tell about a full game when all you have seen is 15 minutes of the unfinished product.

Again, even the article admits that there's nothing to support this opinion other than the writter's own personal opinion on something he barely even saw.  This isn't note-worthy, and even if it were your topic title is heavily biased and doesn't reflect the general feel of the article at all.  Ergo, this topic should never have been made.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Sporticus said:
Too all the PS3 fans in this thread visciously attacking the validity of the thread's topic...

Are you seriously trying to convince us or yourselves?

LOL!

You're a joke.

I dont know if anyone has posted this source yet, but it is proof from a neurtal site that they look the same due to a new multi platform engine they have developed.
http://www.gamespot.com/events/leipzig07/story.html?sid=6177331&pid=938686&tag=top_stories;title;6

"For those wondering how this game compares to the PS3 original, the story here is that there is no story: They're identical to our eyes. Capcom had kiosks set up with Xbox 360 and PS3 demos running literally side by side; we couldn't note a difference in frame rate or image fidelity between them. Naturally, this owes entirely to the development efforts Capcom has invested in its new multiplatform next-generation engine, which works on the 360, PS3, and PC. We haven't seen the PC version of DMC4 yet, but a Capcom Europe rep told us that there's no appreciable difference in that version either (provided your hardware is beefy enough, of course)."

Cant wait till Assassins Creed!

Around the Network

Good call, PersianPrince, but the fact of the matter is that just a little bit of research will "confirm" the validity of starcraft's link. As in, it's a load of horse shit.

The guys at Gamespy, who were quoted in the linked xbot site (surprise, it's second-hand information before we even get it), said that the game is at best a hair better than the PS3 version graphically. But before THAT, they admit that they didn't get to play the games side by side. In fact, they indicate they didn't even get to play them one after the other, as the reporter mentions that he has to drive from the PS3 demo location to the 360 demo location and even complain about the traffic. So even the reported has to, and did, admit that it was purely a matter of his perception (rather than genuine comparison) that there was any difference at all.

What he DID say, however, is that the game controls like ass on 360. He spent a hell of a lot more time complaing about the 360 controls then even thinking about the graphics, and had to put a message at the end claiming that he's not trying to be biased so that his 360 readers wouldn't lynch him.

Overall, the original article is about how much work the reviewer thought Capcom needed to do for the 360 version before it will be good enough to play. Starcraft took a version of that filtered by a site that doesn't hide its 360 bias and posted that as if it were the whole story. At this point, a person would either have to be an idiot or not paying any attention to believe in the validity of the topic title.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:
Good call, PersianPrince, but the fact of the matter is that just a little bit of research will "confirm" the validity of starcraft's link. As in, it's a load of horse shit.

The guys at Gamespy, who were quoted in the linked xbot site (surprise, it's second-hand information before we even get it), said that the game is at best a hair better than the PS3 version graphically. But before THAT, they admit that they didn't get to play the games side by side. In fact, they indicate they didn't even get to play them one after the other, as the reporter mentions that he has to drive from the PS3 demo location to the 360 demo location and even complain about the traffic. So even the reported has to, and did, admit that it was purely a matter of his perception (rather than genuine comparison) that there was any difference at all.

What he DID say, however, is that the game controls like ass on 360. He spent a hell of a lot more time complaing about the 360 controls then even thinking about the graphics, and had to put a message at the end claiming that he's not trying to be biased so that his 360 readers wouldn't lynch him.

Overall, the original article is about how much work the reviewer thought Capcom needed to do for the 360 version before it will be good enough to play. Starcraft took a version of that filtered by a site that doesn't hide its 360 bias and posted that as if it were the whole story. At this point, a person would either have to be an idiot or not paying any attention to believe in the validity of the topic title.

Will you stop reading into things i haven't said? Its getting very tiresome.  What i said was the truth.  These reviewers found a MARGINAL difference in visual quality to the benefit of the 360.  I made no reference to control schemes whatsoever, but feel free to start a new thread about it. What I said was what i meant, and i used exactly the same wording from the article.  If i had been interested in control schemes, i would have put them in the thread's title.  As you clearly are interested, go to the forum's page, start a new thread to bitch about it and stop abusing mine.  

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Overall, it doesn't matter. Capcom have said from the beginning, the proved it at Leipsig, that DMC4 will not favor anyone and they don't want a graphical argument between the insecure fanboys on the 360 and PS3 because that is what this is.

This reminds me of the IGN argument about the Dirt demos that resulted in a 10page argument counting ****ing trees and sparks.... Goodness me. LOL!

This is one of those cases where it's not worth the discussion because the difference is just too small.

@jhlennon1: Agreed!

just buy the game for whichever console you want. it pretty much gonna be the same experience.