By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Far Have The Playstation 3's Graphics Progressed Since Its Launch

nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

R1 vs R2 would have been better.

No it doesn't.

I'm not exactly sure what the connection would be between the controls and the visuals, but there has to be some reason they factored in a longer than normal response delay, and gave the viewpoint from the hip.  Perhaps that is just one drawback when you don't have a hard drive install for such a game.

No No No. In no way is it possible. Sure it could be lag but the fact remains that it's not. It has nothing to do with the visuals or anything else. The game is simply made so that you have a common trigger delay like you would irl. For instance from you thinking i want to fire, till you fire, there is a slight delay. This is the same. The game was made to handle like it does. Atleast that's what i assume because it isn't a technical issue . :

Bad example.  The delay from thinking "I want to fire" and pulling the trigger is not the issue, as that would be the same between using a controller and a firearm.  The real issue is the delay from when you hit the trigger to when you see/hear the bullet.  There is no 131ms delay from when I pull the trigger on a real life weapon to when the bullet leaves the barrel.  The game definitely made it way too long of a delay.  No way to justify it.

It don't need to be justified. It isn't an issue. Ofcourse you wouldn't know since you haven't played the damn thing.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

No it doesn't.

I'm not exactly sure what the connection would be between the controls and the visuals, but there has to be some reason they factored in a longer than normal response delay, and gave the viewpoint from the hip.  Perhaps that is just one drawback when you don't have a hard drive install for such a game.

No No No. In no way is it possible. Sure it could be lag but the fact remains that it's not. It has nothing to do with the visuals or anything else. The game is simply made so that you have a common trigger delay like you would irl. For instance from you thinking i want to fire, till you fire, there is a slight delay. This is the same. The game was made to handle like it does. Atleast that's what i assume because it isn't a technical issue . :

Bad example.  The delay from thinking "I want to fire" and pulling the trigger is not the issue, as that would be the same between using a controller and a firearm.  The real issue is the delay from when you hit the trigger to when you see/hear the bullet.  There is no 131ms delay from when I pull the trigger on a real life weapon to when the bullet leaves the barrel.  The game definitely made it way too long of a delay.  No way to justify it.

It don't need to be justified. It isn't an issue. Ofcourse you wouldn't know since you haven't played the damn thing.

It sure is an issue.  Especially during online play where latencies are already an issue.  Add a longer delay and it affects who wins in a split second confrontation which happens quite often.

If it wasn't an issue would people be making it known and talking about it so much?  And since when do you think I haven't played it?  I have a PS3, and I made a European account just to download the dumb thing.

Shooting is slower in KZ2 due to lack of HDD install? What are you smoking?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

I said it was a possible trade off.  Rather than cache a lot of data and make the game respond faster with a hard drive install, they chose to run it all off the disc.  Could reasonably be the cause of the slightly longer than normal delay.

I guess if you didn't understand this, then perhaps you are the one who needs to lay of the mary jane and let that brain gane back some function.

Wow...a thread can't be made about the improvement of one console's games without people coming in and talking shit through their teeth. Anybody who can't spot the difference between the posted pictures has shit on their eyes.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Wow...a thread can't be made about the improvement of one console's games without people coming in and talking shit through their teeth. Anybody who can't spot the difference between the posted pictures has shit on their eyes.

I sure don't see much of a difference.  And I just checked; my eyes are clean, perfect vision.

I know the graphics have improved quite a bit, I just wish if they wanted to do a comparison they did it well with good, high res pictures or actual video comparisons.  The screens they chose were all meh and didn't even match up to similarities we could compare in them (for example:  KZ2 and Resistance 1 were completely different views with one having a building and one have a more open background;  should have used 2 similar looking scenes).

nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:

No it doesn't.

It sure is an issue.  Especially during online play where latencies are already an issue.  Add a longer delay and it affects who wins in a split second confrontation which happens quite often.

If it wasn't an issue would people be making it known and talking about it so much?  And since when do you think I haven't played it?  I have a PS3, and I made a European account just to download the dumb thing.

Look. I can't be bothered to argue this with you because i'm right. Most people haven't felt it was a issue, the few people who did however has gotten awry and started whining all over the internet.  But if it's any consolation we shouldn't even be having this argument since reviewers has said that this isn't in the final build.

Check out my game about moles ^

A.K.A. how developers and graphics technologies got better with time.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Staude said:

Look. I can't be bothered to argue this with you because i'm right. Most people haven't felt it was a issue, the few people who did however has gotten awry and started whining all over the internet.  But if it's any consolation we shouldn't even be having this argument since reviewers has said that this isn't in the final build.

Ah, so it is just the demo then?  I guess we shall see once the final game is out and if I can notice it.

Sorry, but you are wrong, still.  At least in regards to the demo which is of what I was speaking about (only reference to go by).  So go ahead and don't argue anymore if you "think" you are right.  It doesn't matter if "most" people haven't felt it an issue... what matters is that most people have at least noticed it, and to some of the more serious shooter players (I would consider myself in this category) it is an issue.

So since you don't speak for everyone, nor the majority either, don't speak at all.

nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
I said it was a possible trade off.  Rather than cache a lot of data and make the game respond faster with a hard drive install, they chose to run it all off the disc.  Could reasonably be the cause of the slightly longer than normal delay.

I guess if you didn't understand this, then perhaps you are the one who needs to lay of the mary jane and let that brain gane back some function.

Oh, I understand the concept -- and find your hypothesis laughable. Once you GANE some evidence, let me know.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!