By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Far Have The Playstation 3's Graphics Progressed Since Its Launch

ohh okay lets see here

okay this is from the game parasite eve  (it can be played on the ps3)

and this is from White Knight

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

R1 vs R2 would have been better.

No it doesn't.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

No it doesn't.

I'm not exactly sure what the connection would be between the controls and the visuals, but there has to be some reason they factored in a longer than normal response delay, and gave the viewpoint from the hip.  Perhaps that is just one drawback when you don't have a hard drive install for such a game.

more then likely it played out like this

"hhhhhmmm ..um sir...we have a small problem with teh controls"

"OMG NOOB DID YOU SEE THAT BROWN IN TEH BLOOM"

"yes that nice sir but the controls seem to lag a bit.....and we "

"OMG 1337 that bloom...I CRAPPPED MY SELF ITS SO GOOD...CONTROLS NOT IMPORTANT.....says it part of IMMERZION EXPERNCE....and MORE GREY/BROWN/ and BLOOOM....oh an can i get a new pair of pants?"

nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:

No it doesn't.

I'm not exactly sure what the connection would be between the controls and the visuals, but there has to be some reason they factored in a longer than normal response delay, and gave the viewpoint from the hip.  Perhaps that is just one drawback when you don't have a hard drive install for such a game.

The acceleration on aiming with the stick is where I think the issue resides where taking a moment to get used to it as well as not setting at the max possible will help. Tapping R1 on the other hand was a similar experience in both the Killzone 2 demo and Resistance 2 in that you hear the click of the button before anything happens on the screen.

It's starting to remind me of the numerous complaints when CS:S came out :P

"Oh my god!!!! The new headshot icon looks like a baby!!!!! I'm staying with 1.6!!!!!!"

Around the Network

^ahh source and 1.6....them were some good days

Is it jealousy i smell.

PS3 is proving its power is far superior, it will only get worse. The black box has much much more in it.

nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:

No it doesn't.

No No No. In no way is it possible. Sure it could be lag but the fact remains that it's not. It has nothing to do with the visuals or anything else. The game is simply made so that you have a common trigger delay like you would irl. For instance from you thinking i want to fire, till you fire, there is a slight delay. This is the same. The game was made to handle like it does. Atleast that's what i assume because it isn't a technical issue . :\

Check out my game about moles ^

mesoteto said:

@johnny--yet another thread where sony fanboys try to grasp at tiny straws like they will save the world ;)

this is all a moot point b/c as far as improvement goes none can touch the wii

i mean lets look at this

action game

Ninja Bread Man

vs another action game

Deadly Creatures

or a fighter

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Smash Bros

all but deadly creatures looks like trash... flat textures in all but Mario's jeans don't constitude graphical improvement only a better artistic design.

Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
KylieDog said:

No it doesn't.

No No No. In no way is it possible. Sure it could be lag but the fact remains that it's not. It has nothing to do with the visuals or anything else. The game is simply made so that you have a common trigger delay like you would irl. For instance from you thinking i want to fire, till you fire, there is a slight delay. This is the same. The game was made to handle like it does. Atleast that's what i assume because it isn't a technical issue . :

Bad example.  The delay from thinking "I want to fire" and pulling the trigger is not the issue, as that would be the same between using a controller and a firearm.  The real issue is the delay from when you hit the trigger to when you see/hear the bullet.  There is no 131ms delay from when I pull the trigger on a real life weapon to when the bullet leaves the barrel.  The game definitely made it way too long of a delay.  No way to justify it.