By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How Far Have The Playstation 3's Graphics Progressed Since Its Launch

Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
Shooting is slower in KZ2 due to lack of HDD install? What are you smoking?
I said it was a possible trade off.  Rather than cache a lot of data and make the game respond faster with a hard drive install, they chose to run it all off the disc.  Could reasonably be the cause of the slightly longer than normal delay.

I guess if you didn't understand this, then perhaps you are the one who needs to lay off the mary jane and let that brain gane back some function.

Oh, I understand the concept -- and find your hypothesis laughable. Once you GANE some evidence, let me know.

I didn't realize I needed to supply evidence for a "possible" answer, or hypothesis as you so rightly call it.  I don't see what is so laughable about it either.  What I find laughable is the fact that you simply dismiss it with a crude attempt at humor rather than supply evidence, yourself, to the contrary.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Staude said:

Look. I can't be bothered to argue this with you because i'm right. Most people haven't felt it was a issue, the few people who did however has gotten awry and started whining all over the internet.  But if it's any consolation we shouldn't even be having this argument since reviewers has said that this isn't in the final build.

Ah, so it is just the demo then?  I guess we shall see once the final game is out and if I can notice it.

Sorry, but you are wrong, still.  At least in regards to the demo which is of what I was speaking about (only reference to go by).  So go ahead and don't argue anymore if you "think" you are right.  It doesn't matter if "most" people haven't felt it an issue... what matters is that most people have at least noticed it, and to some of the more serious shooter players (I would consider myself in this category) it is an issue.

So since you don't speak for everyone, nor the majority either, don't speak at all.

they only noticed because of the incessent whining. I only noticed because of that.

Your last sentence goes for yourself aswell. Especially when making such remarks as you did above ^in your argument towards a reason why it is like it is. It's not even a remote possibility.

Check out my game about moles ^

nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
I said it was a possible trade off.  Rather than cache a lot of data and make the game respond faster with a hard drive install, they chose to run it all off the disc.  Could reasonably be the cause of the slightly longer than normal delay.

I guess if you didn't understand this, then perhaps you are the one who needs to lay off the mary jane and let that brain gane back some function.
Oh, I understand the concept -- and find your hypothesis laughable. Once you GANE some evidence, let me know.
I didn't realize I needed to supply evidence for a "possible" answer, or hypothesis as you so rightly call it.  I don't see what is so laughable about it either.  What I find laughable is the fact that you simply dismiss it with a crude attempt at humor rather than supply evidence, yourself, to the contrary.

How does it make ANY sense for them to have such a commonly triggered event read off the disc, as opposed to some other thing?  I don't mean evidence in the sense of producing documents in which the devs confess, but rather I mean that your idea is so strange that you need to have more than handwaving to substantiate it before you should expect anyone to take it seriously. 

I don't know a thing about making games, but I still think I know enough to call BS on your hypothesis. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:

How does it make ANY sense for them to have such a commonly triggered event read off the disc, as opposed to some other thing?  I don't mean evidence in the sense of producing documents in which the devs confess, but rather I mean that your idea is so strange that you need to have more than handwaving to substantiate it before you should expect anyone to take it seriously. 

I don't know a thing about making games, but I still think I know enough to call BS on your hypothesis. 

If the even is not read off the disc, where is the event at?  In the air?  Perhaps under your feet?  Obviously they chose to put the code/animations/etc. responsible for "firing" the gun in a location that could not be accessed in a fast enough way.

I'd think with my knowledge of programming, especially event driven and object oriented, I'd be able to make a more educated guess as to the cause than say, You, who have no knowledge of programming.  Unfortunately you do NOT know enough to call BS, apparently.

Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:

Look. I can't be bothered to argue this with you because i'm right. Most people haven't felt it was a issue, the few people who did however has gotten awry and started whining all over the internet.  But if it's any consolation we shouldn't even be having this argument since reviewers has said that this isn't in the final build.

Ah, so it is just the demo then?  I guess we shall see once the final game is out and if I can notice it.

Sorry, but you are wrong, still.  At least in regards to the demo which is of what I was speaking about (only reference to go by).  So go ahead and don't argue anymore if you "think" you are right.  It doesn't matter if "most" people haven't felt it an issue... what matters is that most people have at least noticed it, and to some of the more serious shooter players (I would consider myself in this category) it is an issue.

So since you don't speak for everyone, nor the majority either, don't speak at all.

they only noticed because of the incessent whining. I only noticed because of that.

Your last sentence goes for yourself aswell. Especially when making such remarks as you did above ^in your argument towards a reason why it is like it is. It's not even a remote possibility.

Really?  I noticed from the very first time I pulled the trigger.  Even before watching the videos on the "lag" I had seen it first hand.  How can you say it isn't a remote possibility?  I didn't realize you were behind all the code involved and could check for the source of errors on this game.  While you are there, can you tell me what IS causing it then?

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:

Really?  I noticed from the very first time I pulled the trigger.  Even before watching the videos on the "lag" I had seen it first hand.  How can you say it isn't a remote possibility?  I didn't realize you were behind all the code involved and could check for the source of errors on this game.  While you are there, can you tell me what IS causing it then?

If you would think for one second. You would realise that you have to INSTALL the demo. That means that everything. Yes everything reads from your harddrive. That rules out the possibility that it was stored on the disc in some akward place and that somehow it wasn't being read properly.

Secondly it's still not on the actual game which is on a disc so i would simply assume that it's the build, since the build is from 2008. The demo is a unfinished build so "bugs" are present. I still don't see it as a issue though.

But your whole argumentation is for naught cause again. You have the demo 100 percent on your harddrive.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:
nightsurge said:
Staude said:

If you would think for one second. You would realise that you have to INSTALL the demo. That means that everything. Yes everything reads from your harddrive. That rules out the possibility that it was stored on the disc in some akward place and that somehow it wasn't being read properly.

Secondly it's still not on the actual game which is on a disc so i would simply assume that it's the build, since the build is from 2008. The demo is a unfinished build so "bugs" are present. I still don't see it as a issue though.

But your whole argumentation is for naught cause again. You have the demo 100 percent on your harddrive.

*facepalm*  Wow... I seriously did overthink that for a while.  I guess the only explanation then is that the location for which the event was stored and the code used to trigger it, were not in an ideal configuration.  I am glad to hear it is not on the final product, though.  Now it is just the momentary stutters during checkpoints/loading on the final product, but that is normal for a non-installed game.

I'm gonna get a hounding for this one for sure...

nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:
nightsurge said:
Final-Fan said:

If the even is not read off the disc, where is the event at?  In the air?  Perhaps under your feet?  Obviously they chose to put the code/animations/etc. responsible for "firing" the gun in a location that could not be accessed in a fast enough way.

I'd think with my knowledge of programming, especially event driven and object oriented, I'd be able to make a more educated guess as to the cause than say, You, who have no knowledge of programming.  Unfortunately you do NOT know enough to call BS, apparently.

Held in memory perhaps?  As for the rest, I think Staude has put the nail in this coffin.  Next time a little less sarcasm might be a little more prudent.  Although if my hypothesis in this post is as ludicrous as yours was, please do point it out. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

KylieDog said:
KZ2 isn't a good example seeing as it sacrifices fast responsive controls to achieve those visuals.

R1 vs R2 would have been better.

R1 vs R2 would have been better due to same developer etc. KZ2 controls however are perfectly fine. They are as responsive as needed. I have had no issues in the DEMO and from what I have read they are better in the final build.

I do apologize, Final-Fan. My mind is out of it today with this dang flu and lack of sleep, though that is still no excuse for my major oversight.

I was merely stating that the code first has to be read from the disk. Whether or not it is cached to the memory or the hard drive is dependent on how they chose to program it. But in the end I was clearly arguing for the sake of argument and because of my shortened temper lately.