By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamestop Trade in values

Does anyone know a website where you can check Gamestop trade in values for games? Or if there is a Gamestop employee on here or anyone knowledgable who can give me a good guess on how much of a trade in I can get with the following.

Pokemon Diamond

Lost Planet

Spider Man PS2(Movie version)

Crash Bandicoot GBA

Prince of Persia Revelations PSP

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1

Midnight Club 3 Xbox

The Matrix Path of Neo Xbox

Play B3yond

Around the Network

dude, dont bother, they wont give you crap for trade ins. sell them on ebay, youll get atleast double what theyll give you. id buy lost planet :P

Phoenix_Wiight said:
dude, dont bother, they wont give you crap for trade ins. sell them on ebay, youll get atleast double what theyll give you. id buy lost planet :P

I know but I want SF4.  Theyd also give me 50 for a DS.

Play B3yond

oh, hmm.
you might get 15-20 bucks for lost planet, maybe the same price for diamond.
the rest of relatively old games, and some for handhelds, so you might not get too much for them

Gamestop does not accept any trade ins for the original Xbox anymore.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

Around the Network

as a rough guess on what you can expect for a game trade in, you can go to this website, and then half the value (or less).

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/

EDIT: or you could just call and ask, and they will tell you.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Lost Planet is a Platinum game sold for $20 new its no way you will get $15 or $20 for trade-in, maybe $10 or less..

I do trade-ins once in a while but I don't like it at all they are a bunch of rip offs..

I wanted to trade-in my Forza Motor Sport 2 they were giving me $8 or $10 if I recall...I said hell no even the clerk said keep it is not worth trading the game is way better than that and I agreed..

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

I will give you my personal opinion on what Gamestop will more than likely say bout these games:

Pokemon Diamond ($15)
Lost Planet ($8)
Spider Man PS2(Movie version) ($3)
Crash Bandicoot GBA ($3)
Prince of Persia Revelations PSP ($7)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 1 ($5)
Midnight Club 3 Xbox ($3)
The Matrix Path of Neo Xbox ($3)

Those are my rough estimates and to be honest when I guess Gamestop's trade in value on a game it turns out completely right. Those games that I estimated you best believe that they will resell those at a higher price//lol//my estimate you will come close to $40 something and probably a little more if you use your EDGE card.

A easier way is to go to their site and look up the game and see how much they are actually selling it for//and slash off probably $10 or $15 dollars of that and whatever is left//that should be your trade-in value.

For example: Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $18- $10----> you get a close to $8 worth of trade in for that game.

madkiller said:

Since when?//they still sell the original Xbox consoles and some Gamestops//have a buttload of original Xbox games in carts and such.

xlost7 said:
madkiller said:

Since when?//they still sell the original Xbox consoles and some Gamestops//have a buttload of original Xbox games in carts and such.

Since recently. As a Gamestop employee, I can confirm this.

Currently playing: Civ 6