By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rent Bioshock or wait till I can Buy it?

I really want to play Bioshock but I'm currently broke. I don't know if I should rent the game or hold off playing it until I own the game. Any advice?

Around the Network

Well, it's your choice. When I played the demo, I didn't find it to the level of hype that I keep on hearing about, but that's just me. For me, I'd say rent it because you can at least play through it for a fraction of the cost of the full game.

Duh its his choice dude.

I always say rent b4 buy unless you are getting a Nintendo game franchise you love.

Example..... im one of the clowns that bit into the Kilzone hype for PS2.. boy was that garbage of a hyped game dissapointing to me.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

well, ill tell you right now, unless you think your going to play this 24/7 while you have it rented, you wont get sick of it. Many many people have said after they beat the 20 hour game, they wanted to do it again, not only for the other ending, but just because its fun

This game is one of the best ive ever played, rent it for now, but i would eventually buy it

Just rent it so you can stop your suffering!

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
IllegalPaladin said:
Well, it's your choice. When I played the demo, I didn't find it to the level of hype that I keep on hearing about, but that's just me. For me, I'd say rent it because you can at least play through it for a fraction of the cost of the full game.

well it gets ALOT better as you go through illegal, alot more guns and plasmids, and the story is just amazing, i mean amazing. If i didnt have a such a huge enjoyable time playing it anyways, i would p lay the game just to see the environments and see how the story unfolds

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

Thanks for the all the responses. I decided to rent it; I couldn't wait any longer to play it.

I haven't finished, but given the amount of time I've put into it, I'd say renting wont be long enough unless its gamefly.

And I do intend to play through a second time, not just for the ending, but for little story related details I may have missed.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

It's good to rent. Even the most praised games will not please everyone.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sieanr said:
I haven't finished, but given the amount of time I've put into it, I'd say renting wont be long enough unless its gamefly.

And I do intend to play through a second time, not just for the ending, but for little story related details I may have missed.

I have it for 2 weeks, is that long enough?

Mate, this game is amazing. BUY IT

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS