By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Revisiting the past: Gamestop April Fools Joke 2005

"We expect Nintendo's Revolution, based on its price and immense catalog of downloadable games, to be the market leader by 2010," Runte told GameSpot News. "Nintendo is going to be one heck of a competitor for the gaming pie, and from the looks of it, I think they are going to get a rather huge slice."

Runte says it's not only that Nintendo has "superior strategy" and is "totally awesome"; it's Nintendo's rivals' weaknesses that give the Revolution the advantage. He dismisses the competition as a non-factor and had particularly harsh words for Sony.

"Sony has yet to come out of the pit stop after the first lap. Folks, when this race started, naysayers said Nintendo would not have enough under the engine to compete with Microsoft and Sony. Trying to one-up Nintendo like they did with them wanting to make a Revolution-style controller after it was revealed and oohed and aahed over... Nintendo is back in a big way. I think Nintendo will own them all. I believe they are on the path to domination once again. I think they finally are giving people what they want and continuing to give them things they never thought of."

source: http://malstrom.50webs.com/index.htm

edit: damn it I meant gamespot :P

Around the Network

If they only knew........

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

The best jokes have a little bit of truth in them, huh?

LOL....Irony, just plain irony that their april fools joke turned out to be true,

Reading the full joke, it seems it was less about the Wii and more about calling forum posters 'analysts', as you see at the bottom. The funny thing is that for the most part, the forum-poster analyst made good arguments that turned out correct.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146958.html?page=4

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

^^^I'm enjoying the comments made by the users back in 2005! If we had only known.

Some of the comments were right on the money. Most of them were way off.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

The better blasts from the past are the time when the Wii was named, and when the Revolution controller were unveiled.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I love the line they had where "games are supposed to be fun" as an April Fool's joke....

I love this comment:

Fusible

Posted Apr 1, 2006 10:55 am PT

LOL, yeah right, and I'll be the next santa clause.

Poor Tim Allen...looks like he has to stop doing those santa movies..lol

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"