By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1.3m sold in Europe?

You realize that the Reeves said 13 million, right? The reporter changed it to 1.3 million thinking that's what he meant to say. Hardly the evidence you need to prove a point when the guy mispoke in the first place.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

Around the Network

why does someone need to explain to people who are regulars on this site with 1,000+ posts that when Sony says we sold X amount of units they mean sold to retailers?

"Furthermore, 1.3 million PS3s* have now been sold in Europe, with Resistance: Fall of Man and MotorStorm the best-selling first party titles, shifting 531,000 and 469,000 units respectively."

I see nothing there to think otherwise, even the software is for retailers.

oh and there is a nice little tidbit at the end

"*-Reeves actually stated that 13 million PS3s have been sold. However, this figure doesn't tally with other sales data or with additional information provided elsewhere in the press conference, so we believe this figure is in error."

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Desroko said:
roadkillers said:
jhlennon1 said:
roadkillers said:
Yup Europe is big when it comes to the Playstation. Just wait til GTA4 comes Sales of the PS3 will skyrocket there. GTA is the biggest game that ever hit Europe.

If that game was exclusive it would be big for Sony there, but it's on the 360 as well which pretty much cancels it out helping the PS3 sales skyrocket.

Well look at the sales of GTA in Europe on the 360. I dont even think it sold half a million there. But then again it was exclusive to the PS2 for 9 months. By the time GTA4 is released (If its released June like people are guessing) I think the PS3 will be ahead 360 in sales atleast for Europe. Not sure about America though.

No GTA game has been released for the 360 yet. San Andreas on the Xbox sold about 750K in Others.

Ya I ment Xbox. So ya I bet it didnt even sell 500,000 in europe.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:
Desroko said:
roadkillers said:
jhlennon1 said:
roadkillers said:
Yup Europe is big when it comes to the Playstation. Just wait til GTA4 comes Sales of the PS3 will skyrocket there. GTA is the biggest game that ever hit Europe.

If that game was exclusive it would be big for Sony there, but it's on the 360 as well which pretty much cancels it out helping the PS3 sales skyrocket.

Well look at the sales of GTA in Europe on the 360. I dont even think it sold half a million there. But then again it was exclusive to the PS2 for 9 months. By the time GTA4 is released (If its released June like people are guessing) I think the PS3 will be ahead 360 in sales atleast for Europe. Not sure about America though.

No GTA game has been released for the 360 yet. San Andreas on the Xbox sold about 750K in Others.

Ya I ment Xbox. So ya I bet it didnt even sell 500,000 in europe.

Well, Europe represents some 90% of the Others region. So it's a good bet that it sold more than 500K there. 

Desroko said:

They also said 13 million PS3s sold. You believe that too, huh?

Sony has never released sell-through numbers. Know why? Because they don't track them, which is common knowledhe to everybody but you. They release shipment or sold to retail numbers, which is what they know, seeing as they are ones doing the shipping and selling. Why do you think companies like NPD and MediaCreate exist? To tell the industry what they already know?

Deleted by moderator

Around the Network
roadkillers said:
GTA is the biggest game that ever hit Europe.

Actually Nintendogs and a few of the Pokemon games are much bigger, although GTA is much more popular amongst the 15-25 crowd. I would expect more people to get the new one on the 360, because it's a lot cheaper and has more than twice the established user base.

kber81 said:
Desroko said:

Sony has never released sell-through numbers. Know why? Because they don't track them, which is common knowledhe to everybody but you. They release shipment or sold to retail numbers, which is what they know, seeing as they are ones doing the shipping and selling. Why do you think companies like NPD and MediaCreate exist? To tell the industry what they already know?

Quit crying bitch...

What is wrong with you?  Wow, that was a very thoughtful response... I mean, you are really supporting your case there!  Not only do you look entirely foolish - you also come across as the most disrespectful, arrogant, fanboy who has not even the slightest of control over his own emotions.  Just because your favorite console is selling lower than expected, and when you tried to argue that the sales data needs to be changed, finding out that it was an error adjusted by the journalist, and having to have the fact that Sony tracks consoles to retailers rather than consoles to consumers (Which has been explained oh SO many times here in this community) doesn't give you the right to call anyone a bitch.  Esspecially when they actually provided information to support their claim.  From what I have seen, you offer nothing to this community.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
kber81 said:
Desroko said:

Quit crying bitch...

Just the sort of response that I've come to expect from you, unfortunately.

You might be interested to know that a Sony exec has been caught fabricating sales numbers in another thread.

kber's expected response: "F*** you."

Sony doesnt track sales .Thats why they use the information that the agencies that they have contrated to receive information for their businees .Agencies as NPD ,GFk ,Gamecharts ,Media Create etc .Thats why we should listen when they give data .

And this information confirms my fears abou the PSP ,its way undertracked in this site .The total tally must be close to 25 million now .

Diomedes1976 said:
Sony doesnt track sales .Thats why they use the information that the agencies that they have contrated to receive information for their businees .Agencies as NPD ,GFk ,Gamecharts ,Media Create etc .Thats why we should listen when they give data .

And this information confirms my fears abou the PSP ,its way undertracked in this site .The total tally must be close to 25 million now .

You mean the same company that gave a presentation at their own event with a graph saying that there was 6 million PS3 owners as of March 07?

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.