By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sugguestion: Yearly/Bi-Quarterly Prediction(s)

Just an idea from a fan of your prediction system: Why don't we have a massive yearly or bi-quarterly prediction for the US or even Japan too. Basically, start the predictions now, and allow them to go for the next few months until maybe June. It would involve predicting the YEARLY TOTAL for the top 10 or even top 20 (if the coding wasnt that hard) games of the year, in all their technicolor brilliance. I think it'd be great to do. IMO, I'd love to have one to where we have to predict the big hits like SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, GTAIV, Army of Two, or others. This prediction wouldn't supercede any other monthly/weekly predictions, but would be a bunch of fun, as we'd be forced to give broader, and more futuristic predictions as opposed to any other means. If you think it'd be a great idea, I'd sugguest using titles like Zelda: TP, Wii Sports (obviously locked w/ Wii predictions, but still), GTA IV for both PS3 and 360, Army of Two (maybe?), and a few other titles that are released between January and maybe November. Again, think about it. Also, a monthly Japaneese prediction would be cool too. IMO, it'd be harder to make an entire J-prediction a month in advance, because we don't have the ability to see day one sales info from other sources. Likewise, a bi-quarterly or quarterly hardware prediction would be fun as well for Japan only. Just a few ideas. I really like the prediction game, and am very happy I'm in the top 10. However, I'd love more opportunities to play the game, and would help out in any way if possible. Go VGCharts.org!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

IMO, I'd do the following: 3 Month NA Prediction(s): April Through Jun, Jul-Sept, Oct-Dec, all finalized by 1 week before NPD data is available: April-Jun: Total sales for all units sold of games released between Apr. through June: Forza 2 (May, 360, New) Guitar Hero 2 (April, 360, New) Resistance: Fall of Man (Nov PS3 Holdover) Wii Play (Feb. 2007 Wii Holdover) Crackdown (Feb. 360 Holdover) God of War 2 (March, PS2, Holdover) Super Paper Mario (Wii, April, New) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (NDS, April) Rainbow Six: Vegas (PS3, April) Silent Hill: Origins (PSP, May) 3, 360 games, 2 PS3 games, 1 PS2 game, 1 PSP game, 2 Wii games and 1 NDS game. Again, sub crackdown for another title if needed. Trying not to pick games in June, June is a bad month + want 2 months for each game unless it's a biggie (and no games are major for June as far as I know other than maybe Blue Dragon for 360) 6 Month NA Prediction(s) Jul-Dec - Prediction # must be finalized by July 1st Give this some time to develop - Most 2nd half games aren't finalized. But the major titles such as GTA IV, Halo 3 go here. 1 Year NA Prediction(s) Jan-Dec. Prediction # must be finalized by April 1st (sorry about your luck, everyone else) Halo 3 (November, 360) GTA IV (November, PS3) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii, Nov 2006) GTA IV (November, 360) Forza Motorsports (April, 360) Wii Play (February, Wii) Motorstorm (March, PS3) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (April, NDS) Nitendogs - 2005, NDS Gran Turismo 4 Portable - (Q3, PSP) Kinda balanced - 3 X360 games (could cut Forza maybe in favor of something else), 2 PS3 games, 2 Wii, 2 NDS and 1 PSP

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.