By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix should remake FF I - VI for the DS and FF VII - XII for the Wii

FF VII is a game I got about 1/2 way through and never finished. I would love a remake, especially for PS3 or 360 in HD.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

I would love seeing IV, V, VI, on the virtual console that would be awesome, def something id go get wii points for. Remakes would be nice also =)

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Meh, no point really. Everyone owned a PS1, PS2. Wouldn't be a major graphical overhaul anyway. Best to save VII for the PS3 remake if there is one. Perhaps releasing the up to 6 on virtual console tho would be cool. I would just really hate to see them be limited when making FF7. FF7 HD FTW honestly.

Sadly, they will. They just might not announce it for awhile since they're developing(remaking) so many (existing) games right now. Like I said in the DQ thread, what's the point of announcing a game that won't be released for at least 3 years?

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

No, they should make new games.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

@soriku

I dont like it how square hasnt released anything on the vc or psn, I would think we would be seeing FF VII on the psn by now seeing how it is the best selling game on the ps1. There will probably be a remake for the ps3. Or the wii.

mM

@OP, I have to disagree for the most part. FF 1 & 2 have been milked to death over the past few years. The PS1 ports were great since we didn't have the WSC over here. The GBA ports were still ok due to further tweaks to the game balance, and the ability to play them on a portable. The cell phone ports were a neat little novelty, I suppose. The PSP ports were purely excessive. Now we're talking about DS also? Even being the huge FF fan that I am, I'd really rather not.

X and XII are still too new to even be entertaining thoughts of a remake. XII only came out a handful of months ago. Give it a couple generations, and then we can start thinking about whether they're worth remaking.

IV to VI are on shaky ground. FF4 being one of my all-time favorite games, I'm pretty much incapable of saying no to it. But still, all three of these have already seen recent releases for PS1 and GBA. While all could benefit nicely from a well-done remake (especially since the ports have been of questionable quality), SE has really undercut their potential sales with all the recent ports. I expect that we'll see V and VI added to the upcoming release list, but sales for IV to VI DS won't be as stellar as they'd probably like.

Of VII to IX, VII is the only one that I would really like to see remade. I say that because it's the one game in the entire series that really desperately needs a remake. The CGI is very dated, the out-of-battle graphics were ugly even at the time, and the translation is beyond horrid. I don't really like the FF7 that I've gotten to play. I'd like to give it another chance, after it's been significantly overhauled. But VIII and IX don't really need it. Their graphics are a bit old, but they still look good. They're also still playable on modern consoles. There's just really not much incentive to buy these games again.

The biggest S-E fanboy on this site didn't even bother playing FFVIII? Maybe you should just get a PS2 and play it instead of demanding S-E make even more uncessary remakes. At this rate, your precious KH3 will never be released because they won't have a team available for it.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

SE would never put the NES and SNES FF's on the VC, they get more money milking their fanbase by remaking them for the PSP,DS and GBA...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Hmmm it will take years to do this I guess .

We know that they will make remakes for DS till FFVI but how long will it takes before they have finished them?

I have the feeling that PS3 have the most chance to get FFVII.