By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Future of gaming

So i was sitting here just thinking about how much the gaming industry has changed over the years. And then i thought about how much fun the old NES / SNES games are... and then i thought about the future...

Will we still think that the games of today are fun when the gen after next comes out and the graphics look better that they ever did... when gears of war 3 looks like a dinasaur and Uncharted 3 looks like the original mario brothers... will we still say that they were fun? Alot of emthesis was put on the graphics this generation and the novelty of CGI graphics will wear off soon...

What do you think? will we still hold on to theese games like we did with the Mario Brothers and Sonics? or will this generation go down in history as the worst generation in gaming history for its lack of inovation and too much implementation of HD which will never again look as good as it looks now?

Around the Network

:(

Yes.

The reason why old gamer are liked is not because they had so genius gameplay, and stories, but because of nostalgia.

We were kids when we played with them, and it will be always a pleasure to remember how much we enjoyed those games.

Maybe you would find current games ugly if you would objectively look at them from the future, but you won't, because you will only remember how much you enjoyed them.

Alterego-X said:
Yes.

The reason why old gamer are liked is not because they had so genius gameplay, and stories, but because of nostalgia.

We were kids when we played with them, and it will be always a pleasure to remember how much we enjoyed those games.

Maybe you would find current games ugly if you would objectively look at them from the future, but you won't, because you will only remember how much you enjoyed them.

But back in the NES/SNES days VG were relatively a new thing and gaming evolved every single generation.... but after 3D era hit the games stoped evolving as much and only started to get "improved" in other words its still the same games as they were on the PS2 just more features (in some cases not even)  and looking better... 

The NES was, by far, the most revolutionary time for gaming. However, there are games recently that are very innovative and unique. Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind.

I think we will have a problem with consoles. There are still a lot of NES that still works. However, disk drives wear out since it has a motor. The GCN/PS/PS2/XBOX/Wii/XBOX360/PS3 will all have this problem. They simply will not last as long as a lot of the NES have.

Then again, we will probably have a company making new consoles from old generations, like what they are doing with the NES,SNES,GEN and N64.

Around the Network
Senlis said:
The NES was, by far, the most revolutionary time for gaming. However, there are games recently that are very innovative and unique. Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind.

I think we will have a problem with consoles. There are still a lot of NES that still works. However, disk drives wear out since it has a motor. The GCN/PS/PS2/XBOX/Wii/XBOX360/PS3 will all have this problem. They simply will not last as long as a lot of the NES have.

Then again, we will probably have a company making new consoles from old generations, like what they are doing with the NES,SNES,GEN and N64.

Yeh.. and every  generation has less and less classics... so i figgure by the gen after next no one will remeber Uncharted or GoW because Uncharted 7 and GoW 9 just came out.... i dont like where the future is heading >_<