By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer: Red Dead Revolver sequel announced

Rockstar unveils Red Dead Redemption News

News by Tom Bramwell

Today 13:15

Rockstar has announced Red Dead Redemption for PS3 and Xbox 360, which is due out in autumn 2009.

Developed by Rockstar San Diego, it's a follow-up to 2004's Red Dead Revolver on PS2 and Xbox, and takes an openworld approach to the Wild West, using Rockstar's proprietary RAGE engine.

The publisher describes the game as "a Western epic, set at the turn of the 20th century when the lawless and chaotic badlands began to give way to the expanding reach of government and the spread of the Industrial Age".

You'll play as former outlaw John Marston, who traipses around frontier towns and mountain passes getting in gunfights and other battles, and, as with Grand Theft Auto, promises "an endless flow of varied distractions".

The original game was inspired by the work of Sergio Leone and pals and included a Bullet Time-style mechanic called "Dead Eye", allowing you to take out multiple foes like Clint Eastwood. There were also proper duels among other things.

Check out our original Red Dead Revolver review to see what we made of it at the time.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/rockstar-unveils-red-dead-redemption

---

Sweetness! I've been dying for a good Western game for a long time now.

Around the Network

word, looks amazing. Was the original sony only?

theprof00 said:

Not to the best of my knowledge.

OT: Kick-ass. We need more Wild West games.

I have always wanted to play an open world western yes!!! im glad they decided to make it open world unlike the first game.... so if this isn't rockstars ps3 exclusive(many thought it was ) then what is?

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

theprof00 said:

Nope, PS2/Xbox.