By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Sims 3 Pushed Back to the 2nd of June :-(

From http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-sims-3/950636p1.html

"EA has issued a press release giving a new ship date for the next iteration of the highly anticipated The Sims series. According to the release, The Sims 3 will ship worldwide on June 2nd. In addition to the PC version of the game, The Sims 3 will also be shipping on a number of mobile devices, including the iPhone and the iPod Touch. In August 2008, the company had announced a February 20th release date."

This is really depressing news for me. I was just about to start my personal countdown for the last fortnight!

I tend to agree with Allen's editorial on GameSpy in that I don't think this is a good business move for EA. Also, releasing in June means The Sims 3 is going up against significantly more competition than it would in the generally lacklustre January-February months.

What about you? Are you frustrated by this news or do you not care?

Currently playing: Wii Fit / The Sims 3

Try  PrizeRebel , it could make you  rich ! I have  $15.80 USD  so far. I  love  BengaBenga' Most Wante lists.
$                     $  $  $                         

Around the Network

that majorly sucks I'm looking foreward to this. The Sims is one of my biggest time sinks ever.

What the...???? 2/6??????? 2/6????????????? That's...a lot of time. How can you delay your game 4 months when it was just days before release?

That sucks, I was so eager to play the game. Guess I'll have to wait...a lot

I would rather the game get delayed. This shows that EA wants to release a quality finished product rather than just rushing things to meet the deadline. The whole Grand Theft Auto 4 release showed us what happens when a game isn't complete when launched.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hopefully the game is being improved considerably.

Now if only I could run the damn game........

# of games above 75 on Metacritic (including downloadable):

360: 241     DS: 144

PS3: 152     PSP: 126

Wii: 85

Around the Network

Hopefully they will use the time to make improvements. If it gives me a better product in the end, I'm all for it.

I'm a little bit disappointed. I probably wasn't going to get the game until the end of the year, anyways, but I still would have liked it to be out. For my own, special, reasons.

@ Senlis - way to use a horrible example. Releasing an unfinished game = sell 12.14 million copies???

dgm6780 said:
@ Senlis - way to use a horrible example. Releasing an unfinished game = sell 12.14 million copies???

I think he was talking about the PC port, that was a horrible failure.

Shit, EA delays the only The Sims I've ever get excited over.