By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DID SONY MAKE A GRAVE MISTAKE WHEN................

DID SONY MAKE A GRAVE MISTAKE WHEN................

They sold the crash Bandicoot and and spyro series? I know the developers went on to do, what I think are better things, but sony would have their own headlining characters if they kept these games, and kept refining the gameplay. Instead, sierra and now ActiBlizz is whoring out the series with cheap, crappy games.

Oh, and while you are viewing this, check out this awesome game: http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=24634

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Na I think both series where washed up IMO so personaly they made a right choice . From a business perspective the franchises might have helped with casual apeal so it may not been a good choice in that regard.

In any case Sony still has ratchet and clank , jack n daxter , sly coop and I think there's more.

Maybe they did with Crash, but I would say no to Spyro

They never owned those IP's. The same way they don't own Insomniac or Naughty Dog. Ratchet and uNcharted could eventually go multiplat just like Crash and Spyro.

Spyro can get lost if it wants to

but yeah CRASH....what have they done to him!

+ Crash Bandicoot was a mascot for the Playstation....they shouldn't have let naughty dog sell him

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

What? Putter ? lol

I thought that the IP's were owned by Universal

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

TacoBoy49 said:
They never owned those IP's. The same way they don't own Insomniac or Naughty Dog. Ratchet and uNcharted could eventually go multiplat just like Crash and Spyro.

Actually thats where your wrong.

Naughty Dog is Owned by Sony and Insomniac was owned by Sony

Ratchet, Jak, Uncharted, Resistance those IP's are OWNED by Sony

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

blazinhead89 said:
What? Putter ? lol

A Harmless joke

@ darthdevidem01

Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of spyro.. But I was a genuine fan of crash. The commercials were great, the games were great, and I had always thought of him as the PS family mascot. But that ended for me midway into the ps2's lifecycle.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

It definitely was a good decision back then because they were strong enough without these mascots and could make a good amount of money that way.

In the long term though, they probably shouldn't have done it because a solid mascot would have ensured them some sales. But I tend to argue that if they wouldn't have made other mistakes, this one wouldn't matter either.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)