By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Madden 10 Details

First Madden 10 Details

Football gets emotional.

February 3, 2009 - EA Sports announced the first new piece to the Madden gameplay model via a developer blog. In a post that claims that community feedback will have more influence on the development of Madden than ever before, Ian Cummings, Lead Designer on Madden NFL 10, details some of the capabilities of "Procedural Awareness." Yes, we think it sounds like something out of Skynet too.

Apparently, Procedural Awareness (PA) allows developers to increase the overall realism of Madden's football by implementing lifelike behaviors such as eye tracking from the quarterback to different receivers and defensive backs actually seeing incoming passes before making a play on them. Beyond that, PA allows for the conveyance of emotions through different facial movements and contortions.

EA Sports released three tech demos of the technology at work which we'll be posting on IGN shortly. One shows the quarterback shifting his head to follow a giant green ball; one has a Dwayne Wade player model torso working with PA; and finally there's a generic player model acting out some emotions.

Procedural Awareness applies to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Madden 10 with the Wii's fate still to be decided.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/950/950515p1.html

Around the Network

I may buy this version, since they only make a real improvement after two or 3 editions.

BTW, how I miss my Madden06... I've lost it.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I'll be getting it.

EA lost its stride with Madden 07 and 08 which sucked ass, but They seem to be back in it with Madden 09.

Madden 10 should be great.

this year could of been nfl 2k10 but its gonna be nfl 2k13....