By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Midnight Club LA (PS3) vs Burnout Paradise

Being that I already have Burnout Paradise (which I enjoy a lot, although I still haven't finished it yet), do you think it's worth it to buy Midnight Club (for about 25 euros) or is it too similar to Burnout and it's better to save the money for something else?

By the way, for those of you who have both games, which one have you liked the most?

Thanks!

Around the Network

I have Midnight Club LA and I've only played the demo for Burnout Paradise. I haven't liked any of the Burnout's this gen. I loved Burnout 2 and 3 last gen but they seem to have lost the essence of Burnout that made those title classics. They're still good but I can't consider them Burnout anymore.

Having said that, I don't think anyone should miss out on Midnight Club LA. It is by far the best arcade racer on the market to me. The midnight club series focuses on gameplay first and foremost. No gimmicks. Intense races, lots of traffic, high speeds - it just gets you going. Plus they're coming out with a ton of new content in the near future. There's supposed to be a new addition to the map that's a pretty big chunk. If you like arcade racers then I'd recommend going for Midnight Club LA, unless there's something else on the horizon that you want (Killzone, Halo Wars, RE5, etc.). In that case, I'd recommend saving up if money is a concern.

^urrgh... I haven't played the PS3 midnight club but the others were awful, it was like they combined the worst bits of GTA with Need for Speed.

As for Burnout, I have only played 1 and 2 so I can't say, but I preferred the first one to the second, and both were good games, not amazing, but very enjoyable racers.

Really? You didn't like the old MC's? Comparing them to Need for Speed makes me sick to my stomach. lol. DUB edition was great but MC 2 is my favourite arcade racer ever. Ah well. I still haven't gotten around to finishing MC:LA but I like what I've played so far more than DUB edition.

I missed Burnout 1. Maybe I should check it out.

priteshmodi said:

Really? You didn't like the old MC's? Comparing them to Need for Speed makes me sick to my stomach. lol. DUB edition was great but MC 2 is my favourite arcade racer ever. Ah well. I still haven't gotten around to finishing MC:LA but I like what I've played so far more than DUB edition.

Well I never owned them, but I played a reasonable amount of 2 MCs on the PS2... I basically spent most of my time pissing around trying to jump a bike up a glass pyramid.

To be honest, Burnout 1 is a downgrade from Burnout 2 with the exception that you can save crashes you made in the race and you can drive a bus and a truck.... but it's one of those things that is hard to explain.... like why do people (myself not included) still say OoT is the greatest game of all time when Windwaker and Twilight Princess have exceeded it on pretty much everything between them (and each added so much more as well)... similarly TimeSplitters 2 is like a newer Goldeneye, yet I would still rate Goldeneye as the better game, and the same is true with Burnout 1 and 2.... B2 has more to it, but still doesn't seem to live up to it's predecessor.

Around the Network

I have both games and I enjoy both. They are somewhat different , if you like cars from real world and ability of upgrade them ( both cosmetic and improve performance) then I would go with MC:LA.

If you like Burnout Paradise, I think you will enjoy MC:LA.

TWRoO said:
priteshmodi said:

Well I never owned them, but I played a reasonable amount of 2 MCs on the PS2... I basically spent most of my time pissing around trying to jump a bike up a glass pyramid.

To be honest, Burnout 1 is a downgrade from Burnout 2 with the exception that you can save crashes you made in the race and you can drive a bus and a truck.... but it's one of those things that is hard to explain.... like why do people (myself not included) still say OoT is the greatest game of all time when Windwaker and Twilight Princess have exceeded it on pretty much everything between them (and each added so much more as well)... similarly TimeSplitters 2 is like a newer Goldeneye, yet I would still rate Goldeneye as the better game, and the same is true with Burnout 1 and 2.... B2 has more to it, but still doesn't seem to live up to it's predecessor.

That's what I liked so much about MC2. It was one of the first to just give you a car and tell you to drive how you want and where you want with next to no invisible walls and restrictions. The cars and bikes near the end were insanely fast and you could literally jump half way across the map in a few of the jumps. Just good old unrestricted fun.

I know exactly what you mean. Some games are just special like that.