By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Revisiting GTA4 for the DLC

Hello fellow VGCharters, as we all know the GTA4 DLC is coming in about 3 weeks, as a result I decided for fun I should play through GTA4 again just for fun. I was wondering if the new DLC has anyone else replaying their game and how they are enjoying it for the 2nd/3rd or whatever playthrough you're on.

Personally I'm enjoying this game more than before, GTA4 was the first game I bought with my 360 and although it was fun I hadn't played enough HD titles to be able to give it a better comparison. It's been about 6 months since I'd touched the game and it's still great especially with the NXE update. The load times are reduced and I feel like the framerate is much better. I've gone through about 4 hours of the game and am experiencing a lot less pop in compared to before. So who else is replaying the game and what's your opinion of the game after coming back, more enjoyable, less, or feels pretty much the same?

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network

Im thinking oof re buying it again. i think i can get it for like $20. So $20 used+$20 dlc= $40 for the whole enchilada. not bad.

I am telling you that a GTA4 Premium edition package will come (DLC included). Anyway, is this the only DLC coming? Fallout 3 has four sets of DLC if you count the GECK.

I have been playing Saints Row 2 more than GTA. However, I am playing it again and honestly, I prefer Saints Row 2 over GTA. I am going to get the code from R* for the DLC, but honestly, I dunno.

I'm really sorry madskillz, I also ate the hype about the "much more funny" Saints Row 2, but the game was a joke.
I replayed GTAIV last month (for the under 30 hours completion achievement) and I'm still convinced that GTAIV is one of the biggest chapters in gaming history.
So, if Lost and the Damned adds another 12-15 hours of gameplay, that would be major!
I know A LOT of super duper hyped titles these days (...) that don't last over 7 hours...

Around the Network

I never did all the side, assassin, and police missions. I might finish those off but I'm looking forward to the DLC.

i cant wait for the DLC, hopefully the PS3 version gets its own DLC.

BeTa77 said:
i cant wait for the DLC, hopefully the PS3 version gets its own DLC.

I am sure the PS3 could get stuff like new cars, guns, outfits, but I doubt seriously - especially with MS fronting $50M - that the PS3 gets episodic content.

I haven't played GTAIV in a while, but I will be playing it again soon.  My wife got me a 1600 point MS card for Christmas, and while I was gonna D/L some Rock Band tracks, I think I will use this for the DLC on GTAIV and get RB tracks on another occasion.  I am looking forward to the Lost and the Damned, it looks badass!!

Kept my copy of GTA IV with one eye on the DLC, might be time for me to get back in to the game and finish the side missions before lost and damned arrives.