By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - K Rudd's new stimulus package, and its effect on gaming

Kevin Rudd, the Prime Minister of Australia has recently announced that he is giving a $950 handout to many Australians, in order to stimulate spending. The money will be given to "middle- and low-income workers and families, children going back to school, farmers in hardship and people undertaking training(students)."

Expect to see a big raise in sales of video games and consoles when this money hits bank accounts

Around the Network

This might be bad.. the Australian dollar WILL go down in value and developers, publishers, etc. will make less money. Double-edge sword, anyone?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Here's an odd concept. How about people using the money to pay down debt and saving any extra? Naw, that's crazy talk...

FishyJoe said:
Here's an odd concept. How about people using the money to pay down debt and saving any extra? Naw, that's crazy talk...

Get the heck out of here, Fishyjoe.  Your gibberish adds nothing to this thread.

Pixel Art can be fun.

FishyJoe said:

I certainly hope they don't. The idea of this handout is that it is intended to be spent, hence giving money to companies, who can then afford to continue hiring people. If they save it then it was pointless

Around the Network
scottie said:
FishyJoe said:

I certainly hope they don't. The idea of this handout is that it is intended to be spent, hence giving money to companies, who can then afford to continue hiring people. If they save it then it was pointless

Yeah...that really worked out so well for the US economy.

FishyJoe said:
scottie said:
FishyJoe said:

Yeah...that really worked out so well for the US economy.

A significant proportion of the US stimulus was saved.

As for Australia one, well it might be what I need to buy either a Wii or PS3.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall