By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RE5 Demo Download Numbers on Xbox LIVE: o_0

February 2, 2009 - This past weekend, the number of downloads for the Resident Evil 5 Demo on Xbox Live passed the 1.8 million mark. The demo was released exclusively to Xbox Live on January 26 and over 1.3 million people downloaded it in the first three days. Microsoft has also claimed success in Japan where over 53% of Xbox Live Gold members in Japan grabbed the demo. No specific numbers were given for that region, however. 

As of today, the Resident Evil 5 demo is also available on the PlayStation Network, likely ensuring that millions more will give it a shot before the game releases on March 13.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/950/950196p1.html

Well damn. Sure is alot. At least they seem to have proof, unlike Too Humans "alledged" 800k DL. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

this isn't the highest downloaded ever though, right?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

That's a lot of people...

I just wish we knew what the sales would have been without a demo released. Seeing as so many seems to dislike the game, or not think to highly of it after trying the demo.

Oh well...

I need a bigger hard drive later! Seriously, starting to get cramped if I even install one game.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I actually like the way the Game feels So I'll be buying it....For PS3

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Demo timed exclusives to put doubt in to the minds of multi console owners FTW.

Another shrewd microsoft move.

Strategyking92 said:
this isn't the highest downloaded ever though, right?

So far it is.  The previous record was held by The Force Unleashed at 1.3 million and before that Too Human (not sure the exact # on that one)

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I'm not buying it. The demo is actually pretty fun, actually feels like a game to me. Maybe, I'm not disappointed because I've never played a RE game before but the controls are annoying. After a few playthroughs, I got used to them though. I would love a way to back up faster because the Chainsaw guy in the shanty town is annoying with that.

Pixel Art can be fun.