By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quick question about america sales

What does it include? Like is it Just the US, Canada+US, Canada+US+Mexico, or just north central and south america together? and if its just USA does that mean all of the other countries in the american continents get included into "world"?

Thanks.

Around the Network

I'm fairly sure 'America' includes Canada+US+Mexico.

I always thought America sales were counted as north, central and south combined.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

It is all of the America's but its not like VgChartz speaks spanish either, do they?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I knew this info was listed somewhere on the site:

"American Weekly Data” is VG Chartz estimations for sales of the United States and Canada, plus slightly more for developing markets in Central & South America. Canadian data tends to account for 5-10% of USA hardware and software sales in any given week."

http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
It is all of the America's but its not like VgChartz speaks spanish either, do they?

The website doesn't really know any languages, it's just a website =P

But we do have spanish speaking staff/contributors that live in spanish speaking countries in the Americas.

To Each Man, Responsibility
megaman79 said:

Oh noes...what does it mean for our Japanese numbers?

Sorry, but it just seemed odd you needed to make that statement.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It's for all of the Americas but in comparison to North America, the other factored markets probably don't even effect the actual totals that much.

Viper1 said:
megaman79 said:

Oh noes...what does it mean for our Japanese numbers?

Sorry, but it just seemed odd you needed to make that statement.

You caught me, i was simply suggesting (clearly quite obviously) that i would like to know, not neccesarily how many languages you all speak, but rather how many individual samples are covered in each territory to get the numbers.

It does seem as though there are issues with sample and, not only myself but other people, would like to know more "background" if its doable.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.