By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Art of making a Snowman?

I need tips! This is my first ever Snowman (obviously deprived as a child) and its looking more and more like a size 0 super model.

Around the Network

First off, you need the right kind of snow, or it will never work. If it isn't sticky and you can't easily make a snowball then it'll never work.

1) make snowball
2) roll until you can't roll it any more, make sure you change directions so it is round.
3) find friends to help you until as a group you can't roll it any more
4) repeat steps 1-3, but stop early enough so you can lift it
5) repeat steps 1-2, but don't make it so big that it has a fat head
6) get things to decorate face, and a couple sticks for hands. Traditionally you would use coal for eye's mouth, and a carrot for a nose, but you can use whatever you want.

EDIT: that should give you ~6ft snowman but you can always go bigger

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Here in Birmingham the snow is really good (fucking inches of the stuff.

Anyhoo, start off with a snow ball and roll it around collecting snow evenly around it's surface until it grows to about half a meter in diameter. then do a smaller ball for the head, plonk it on top and stick a carrot in its face. There's your snowman.

nordlead said:

First off, you need the right kind of snow, or it will never work. If it isn't sticky and you can't easily make a snowball then it'll never work.

1) make snowball
2) roll until you can't roll it any more.
3) find friends to help you until as a group you can't roll it any more
4) repeat steps 1-3, but stop early enough so you can lift it
5) repeat steps 1-2, but don't make it so big that it has a fat head
6) get things to decorate face, and a couple sticks for hands. Traditionally you would use coal for eye's mouth, and a carrot for a nose, but you can use whatever you want.

EDIT: that should give you ~6ft snowman

Awesome thanks! I've been doing it all wrong, I have noticed if you disturb the snow (pick it up and collect it) it gets clumpy!

I got the coal, carrot and scarf ready

I wish more people made snowmen. All I normally see are gigantic snow penises.