By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance 3 unveiled this month? + First info *****SPOILERS*****

This rumour suggests that SCEA and Insomniac Games will officially announce Resistance 3 in February 2009 along with the first collection of screenshots and the first details of the game, the rumour also suggests that you will play as Cappelli (Member of SRPA) and that Resistance 3 does indeed pick up exactly where Resistance 2 ended, the rumour also said that SCEA and Insomniac Games are planning on releasing Resistance 3 Exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in November 2010 If you’ve completed Resistance 2 then you’ll remember that Cappelli shot Nathan Hale through the head when he finally turned into an advanced form of Chimera, well at this point Cappelli alerts SRPA and Nathan Hale’s body is recovered but it turns out that Nathan Hale isn’t dead, he is in fact just in a coma and he avoided dying because of his Chimeran healing abilities. Then after being studied for 2 weeks Nathan Hale wakes up, breaks free and escapes from SRPA’s custody, from here he uses the knowledge and memories he aqquired from Daedelus and he assumes control of the Chimeran forces. He intends to finish Daedelus’s plan and launch a worldwide assault against the human population. Now it’s upto Cappelli and the last few members of SRPA to track Nathan Hale and stop him and the Chimeran threat for good.

Around the Network

Seems to be stuff already discussed on the forums, no real surprise if any of its true. I just hope number 3 has an even bigger co-op online mode and co-op SP like the first game.

I'm not calling you a liar but it is way too early for them to announce this game and definitely too early to show off any screenshots considering Resistance 2 came out less than 3 months ago.  RFOM came out in 11/06 and R2 wasn't revealed till 1/2008.  I expect them to officially announce a new Ratchet game within the next couple months, release that game this October/November, and then formallly announce R3 a year from now.

thanks for ruining resistance 2 for me

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

^^^what part of "spoilers" didn't you understand darth? ;P

dude they haven't even announced the next ratchet and clack for this year,,,,so why would they take the attention from that announcement?

i heard it's like set at modern time

Around the Network

@Spartan

I was just joking

I'm in a good mood cus school has been cancelled

SNOW DAY!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SpartanFX said:
^^^what part of "spoilers" didn't you understand darth? ;P

dude they haven't even announced the next ratchet and clack for this year,,,,so why would they take the attention from that announcement?

i heard it's like set at modern time

Actually, I think the end of Quest for Booty shows next R&C for a 2009 release.  I expect the focus to shift to R&C rather than R3 for Insomniac.

I'd also expect them to put more focus on continued support for R2 first.  New maps, etc.

This isn't to say they won't annouce anything, but it does sound too early to me.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

^^^europe?

awesome indeed.

Unfortunately i m in uni and usually universities don't get canceled that often by snow :(

i hope they put in offline co op and some what should of been in 2008 graphics like killzone 2

the problem with resistance 2's graphic was that it was superb and jaw dropping at some levels/environments but mediocre and low res texture at some other places.and the difference between single player and mulitplayer graphics were huge.