By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Megaton: Wii Sports is NOT the highest selling game ever! Not even close.

In light of this, I think VGChartz should add public numbers of games that aren't tracked, like PC games or old console games. It wouldn't be exact, but atleast it's better than nothing in my opinion.

Around the Network
shio said:
In light of this, I think VGChartz should add public numbers of games that aren't tracked, like PC games or old console games. It wouldn't be exact, but atleast it's better than nothing in my opinion.

But wouldn't those numbers you want VGC to post warrent just as much credability as those numbers you got from the site?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
shio said:

But wouldn't those numbers you want VGC to post warrent just as much credability as those numbers you got from the site?

Ofcourse it would have to be from credible sources, like Gamasutra, or from developers/publishers themselves.

shio said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=25816&page=1

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@shio

But isn't that basically just having VGC check other media outlets for information they get from if they are lucky marketing or production exec?

I'm not even certain if these games can be tracked, many pc games are live because of companies that aren't open publicly.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:

Huh, I just realized Solitaire was bundled. Guess we have a new winrar.

Yeah people buy expensive computer only to play Solitaire.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

celine said:
Shadowblind said:

Huh, I just realized Solitaire was bundled. Guess we have a new winrar.

Yeah people buy expensive computer only to play Solitaire.

People buy expensive console just to play Wii sports? o_o

Wouldn't that make the Wii's attach rate 1.0? 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

As much as I'd love to refute your fanatical PC fanboy generic Bejeweled loophole here...I can't. You have a point.

However, I doubt bejeweled is the best selling "game" ever. See, shio, you yourself didn't specify what type of game you were talking about either, did you.

Othello is one of the oldest "games" known to man. A billion copies of it were reproduced before any of us were ever born. Is Othello not the best selling "game" if we're going to be specific about it?

You should label it as such.

It's like writing an article that states Shrek 2 is the highest grossing movie of all-time, then expecting people to think you're only talking about animated movies.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shio said:

Why? So you don't make a fool of yourself again? Try a little fact checking first, it would help a lot more and require a lot less work.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

So if you're gonna count those, might as well count Pictochat. Sure it's included on every DS, but still.
That game sold nearly a hundred million! :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046