By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone care to recommend a great set of headphones for 360 gaming?

So i play a lot of games at night when everyone else has gone to bed but the sound coming from my t.v speakers (samsung le series hd lcd) at low levels just doesn't cut it for me, I love playing games with the volume turned very high (sounds so much better louder imo) so i'm going to invest in a set of quality headphones, preferably not wireless but i really don't know where to start.

My budget is anything up to £150 (getting a bonus from work yay) maybe even up to 200. I'm not sure whether to plump for "5.1" speakers or a very high quality set of regular cans. Any help will be greatly appreciated my gaming brethren.

P.s i'm popping out for a bit so please don't think i'm being ignorant by not replying to any posts, thanks.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network

Logitech 9mm

Your a 360 owner right ? , yeah these headsets are the best just make sure you pull the trigger looking button after you put it on.

lol

the official ones are pretty good.

http://www.astrogaming.com/products/detail/12/A40-MLG-Edition/

A40 MLG Edition

Everything you need to game like a pro. Special MLG Edition.

The Astro A40 Audio System combines crystal-clear voice communication with pinpoint-accurate 5.1 Dolby Digital and Dolby Headphone surround utilizing the most user-configurable headset on the planet.

In addition to the A40 Headset's MLG Speaker Tags (which are high-quality collectibles in their own right), you'll find a completely user-configurable microphone boom. It attaches to either side -- or removes completely for solo gaming and music sessions.

The A40 Audio System includes the external A40 MixAmp, providing Xbox and Xbox 360 users with combined voice and game sound -- ideal for tournament play and discrete "midnight gaming" sessions. A discrete game/voice balance control enables you to find the ideal in-game setting.

PC Gamers benefit as well, by offloading surround decoding and voice communication duties to the A40 system. Combine multiple A40 MixAmps and you'll be provided a private, hands-free, full-duplex voice communication channel -- much higher-quality than VoIP systems, with zero network and system lag.

Every A40 MixAmp is daisy-chainable, and each comes complete with everything you need to connect the built-in voice communication feature of multiple MixAmps.

The A40 Audio System gives in-person teams the competitive edge by selectable/mutable Xbox Live communication while maintaining a dedicated, private chat channel when daisy-chained.

The A40 Headset comes with a quick-disconnect cable and multiple ends: an A40 MixAmp cable (also compatible with portable audio players), and a standard dual-jack PC connector with in-line volume and mute control.

Inject your games with your own soundtrack. Connect your mp3 player through the mixer itself with the included cable. Free up valuable system resources, and put your music within arm's reach.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
NinjaKido said:

Logitech 9mm

Your a 360 owner right ? , yeah these headsets are the best just make sure you pull the trigger looking button after you put it on.

lol

the official ones are pretty good.

surely using a 9mm after midnight will create quite a bit of noise, lol, can't find much info on the headsets using a google search, is that what you use?

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

@pbroy, they look amazing and they look well built and really sturdy, have you tried/got a set?

Around the Network

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-Wireless-Headset/dp/B000HKD6EK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233499621&sr=1-2

It doesn't say official but they look it , I don't have a 360 but my friend uses that.

But since you got around £150 to burn why don't you get some 5.1 surround sound speakers ?

NinjaKido said:
But since you got around £150 to burn why don't you get some 5.1 surround sound speakers ?

Yeah i'm seriously considering surround sound cans but i don't know anyone who's actually bought a set and i generally don't trust user reviews from online shop sites, have you ever used a set of 5.1's?

Speakers from reputable brands Sony , Logitech , Samsung etc has generaly been reliable so if you want to ignore the reviews go for those.

I've found the reviews from amazon to be very reliable actualy , you'll find a range a scores and opinions .. you'll find some items with very low ratings and others with higher ratings , I'd say it was fairly impartial.

I haven't got the budget at the moment to get true surround sound for my PS3 but I was considering buying a pair of X-540's for my PS3. In order to get true surround the speakers need to have HDMI or optical outs but they generaly tend to cost at least a £100 . But the X-540's have "matrix mode" which simulates surround sound ( definetley no where as good as true surround sound) you won't get anything nearly as good for the same price , they cost between £40-£60.

if you want "true surround sound"
then http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Digital-Multimedia-Theatre-Speaker/dp/B0006HBCL8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233500554&sr=1-8

the Z5500 will do the business ,these are also made by logitech and they have digital optical inputs which is neccasery for true 5.1 surround sound . They cost 5X the X-540's but they'll do the business much better.

If you want an immersive experience I think the X-540's will adequetly do that and save you alot of money , if you a complete audiophile then you probably won't be satisified with anything less than the Z550.

Look arround for as long as you can before you make the decision on buying such expensive tech , don't take my word for it . The more you research the better quality of speaker you find and the lower the price you'll get.

I think that wireless headset is more of just a microphone than headphones