By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 50 Cent mentions Wii Fit…in a not so nice way

WII FIT IS GANGSTA!

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

To a certain extent, having someone like 50 cent comment on Wii Fit means that it has hit a level of mainstream relevance few games can ever achieve.

Umm, no? He's had two videogames with his name so far, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with them. Not to mention that games like Grand Theft Auto or Need For Speed were undoubtedly mentioned in rap songs before. Any game that sells millions upon millions of copies is bound to have some place in the mainstream.

ZZetaAlec said:
Thatmax said:
If 50 cent annoys you, you will find this hillarious, he is on at reading festival 2004 for arround 7 seconds before a wave of hundreds of bottles comes flying towards him! all of the people in the crowd just came to bottle him off :D

Although what do they expect putting him fairly high up in the lineup at a rock festival.

Ah... I was there, it's so blatantly obvious how the Reading organizers deliberately organize lineups so certain acts get bottled (see daphne and celeste). Someone actually threw a deck chair at him as well, such a great day for music...

I wish I had been there... although I would have been 13 which wouldnt be the best idea considering what goes on there.

You been in the recent years? I went in 07 and 08, I plan on going for as long as I can. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that those 2 weekends were the 2 best weekends  of my life!

So, what, Nintendo's hiring Rap stars now?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MontanaHatchet said:
HappySqurriel said:

To a certain extent, having someone like 50 cent comment on Wii Fit means that it has hit a level of mainstream relevance few games can ever achieve.

Umm, no? He's had two videogames with his name so far, so it's not like he's unfamiliar with them. Not to mention that games like Grand Theft Auto or Need For Speed were undoubtedly mentioned in rap songs before. Any game that sells millions upon millions of copies is bound to have some place in the mainstream.

Wasn't that Happy's point?  That the game has reached such mainstream relevance that it was mentioned in 50's song?  What you said is supporting his statement.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
MontanaHatchet said:
HappySqurriel said:

Wasn't that Happy's point?  That the game has reached such mainstream relevance that it was mentioned in 50's song?  What you said is supporting his statement.  

No, he mentioned that it hit relevance that "few games can ever achieve," even though that's pointing out the obvious since relevance is often just dependant on sales.

This a great thing for Wii Fit. Being recognized as a part of the popular culture (with the 50 cents crappy music and The View comments as examples) are difficult things for videogames.

to People say its free advmnt,you wrong cause this sounds like a mixtape.

mixtape = hardcore gamers of rap

mainstream = casual

so he touch a very small audnce.

why get angry his advertising nintendo. is just music

MontanaHatchet said:
BoleroOfFire said:
MontanaHatchet said:
HappySqurriel said:

No, he mentioned that it hit relevance that "few games can ever achieve," even though that's pointing out the obvious since relevance is often just dependant on sales.

If he's pointing out the 'obvious', then what's wrong with his statement?  He/she never claimed that it wasn't due to sales.    

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light