By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean: Reimi and Edge

Star Ocean: Reimi and Edge

Introducing two of the main characters with a special trailer.

January 30, 2009 - Star Ocean: The Last Hope is gearing up for a February 24 release, only on Xbox 360. To celebrate the impending release and give you a small introduction to the game, Square Enix has sent over a couple of character profiles. Today we have the details on Edge Maverick, The Last Hope's main character, and Reimi Saionji, one of the first people Edge meets in the game. These aren't your typical character profiles, though. Along with some background details on both Edge and Reimi, Square Enix has put together a little HD trailer starring the duo with some action-packed battle footage to spice things up.

Edge Maverick
"I can't just leave our people alone out there!"
Sex: Male
Race: Earthling
Weapon: Sword

An honest young man with a strong sense of justice and responsibility. He volunteers for the malden voyage of the SRF (Space Reconnaissance Force) to save humanity from the brink of extinction, electing to journey outside his solar system to the vast universe beyond. While he possesses superior circumstantial judgment, he tends to come off as reckless and his jump-the-gun nature probably doesn't help matters. His childhood friend Reimi gives him an earful over it regularly.

Reimi Saionji
"I believe in you, Edge."
Sex: Female
Race: Earthling
Weapon: Bow

A young lady born into the illustrious Saionji household, Reimi has studied archery since childhood and now stands tow to tow with other masters of the bow. For all her kindness and consideration toward others, Reimi is extremely hard on herself, and sometimes the press gets to her. Like Edge, she was selected at a young age for the maiden voyage of the SRF, and takes part in the journey into deep space. There, she serves the team as a level-headed navigator and a source of support for Edge.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/949/949606p1.html

Around the Network

Remei, i love you ;)

this is direct link

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a04ae1c/n/strocean_part1_013009_flvhighwide_flv

Good voice acting. Some pretty impressive visuals. That's all I have to say about it.

Riachu said:
Good voice acting. Some pretty impressive visuals. That's all I have to say about it.

"pretty " impressive? I have yet to see an RPG of any sort near or gaving been released with near these graphics o_0

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:

"pretty " impressive? I have yet to see an RPG of any sort near or gaving been released with near these graphics o_0

Well, FFXIII just wowed me with the new trailer.  But SO4 still looks pretty damn good.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:

Well, FFXIII just wowed me with the new trailer.  But SO4 still looks pretty damn good.

I carefully worded my response to make sure that it excluded FFXIII. "Having been released or nearing release". 

:P 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Riachu said:
Shadowblind said:
Riachu said:

Yeah, they both look really good.

woohoo i cant wait 4 this game.tthis game looks awesome

Wow, a bow.

I think this is the first time there's been a bow in a SO game.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Domo-Kun said:
Wow, a bow.

I think this is the first time there's been a bow in a SO game.

No it's not.  Ronyx used a bow in SO1.