By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Dream System/The Perfect System

I lately thought a lot about that but what would be your dream system? (everythings possible and it's not about price or company). My console of the future should have Virtual Reality (Nintendo made the right move there). I loved VR and never had any experience like this ever again in my gaming experience. The console should have games where you can touch, feel, manipulate everything. I wish there would be a MMORPG where you can go into a city and be a backer or a hitman or a salesman. Maybe that's why I loved Ultima Online so much. Strange things is that there are so many games about war and killing stuff. Maybe it's time for more peaceful games. Nintendo made the right move into the wrong direction imo. Well I love Animal Crossing which is somehow one of the nicer games. This reminds me of a funny scene in Existenz. In the gaming shop where they bought the virtual gaming pod you could see games sitting on a shelf. One of them was called "Hit by car" :) Just great. We need that kinda stuff. Also a great movie for gaming fans is "Strange Days". It's not about games but also an intersting VR idea.

Around the Network

AninParadX said: Also there should be more peaceful games around. I always wished for a MMORPG where you can go into a city and be a backer or a hitman or a salesman.
I laughed when I read this... Peaceful games include hitmans?

I corrected it. It came out totally wrong :P

In my opinion the dream system is a no brainer. It's the Virtual Boy 2! Now bear with me here. Imagine if the Virtual boy was remade with today's tech. For one thing, full colour, as it was possible even then, but was just too expensive. It'd also be considerably smaller and would be wifi capable. So picture this. A small head piece with one(or two) translucent plastic screens that drop down over your eyes, providing full colour, full 3d graphics. Control would consist of two wireless Wiimote type devices, each one registering motion, but also having an analogue stick on each one. Throw in awsome online multiplayer and you're in heaven...till you get hit by a car because your walking down the street not paying attention to the real world.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

AninParadX said: I lately thought a lot about that but what would be your dream system? (everythings possible and it's not about price or company). My console of the future should have Virtual Reality (Nintendo made the right move there). I loved VR and never had any experience like this ever again in my gaming experience. The console should have games where you can touch, feel, manipulate everything. I wish there would be a MMORPG where you can go into a city and be a backer or a hitman or a salesman. Maybe that's why I loved Ultima Online so much. Strange things is that there are so many games about war and killing stuff. Maybe it's time for more peaceful games. Nintendo made the right move into the wrong direction imo. Well I love Animal Crossing which is somehow one of the nicer games. This reminds me of a funny scene in Existenz. In the gaming shop where they bought the virtual gaming pod you could see games sitting on a shelf. One of them was called "Hit by car" :) Just great. We need that kinda stuff. Also a great movie for gaming fans is "Strange Days". It's not about games but also an intersting VR idea.
Kiddie games like animal crossing make me sick, they are so boring and simple. Nintendo made the wrong move by crowding their systems with that garbage, half the reason I stopped supporting them. I am not 10 anymore and don't want fluffy games.

Around the Network

They'd have to do a grade-A job at making a "Virtual Boy 2"...because if it made anybody dizzy, or looked crappy, or was too expensive, it wouldn't sell...but if they got it right, I think that would be pretty sweet...perhaps as a side-console or something...if that's possible. One company selling two consoles at once...Nintendo could do it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I half-agree with the virtualboy 2 thing. I know it sounds really geeky and dumb, but my ideal game would be something that uses the human mind to render everything that happens. Everything would look good, for it would be pictured in your brain. Something like the anime .hack(Even though I ended up never watching that series...). It would be fun playing as the character. Of course, there will be the problem that very matrix-esque. The whole psychological problems that will arise, such as the 'what is reality' stuff. Even so, I think it would be slightly freaky, since you'd have to somehow get a machine to directly communicate with your brain, but also infinitely awsome.

Yeah, I finally have a sig.