By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 Fall update leaked?

Wow... so much of that list has me excited if its fake im going to cry, lol

Xvid = awesome!! I stream stuff all the time
IPTV (very interested... but i still don't 100% understand it)
Clan support, I don't have a clan or care about that.. i just want to sort my friends into folders :-p

Overall I am excited only a few more featuers left to complete my list!
3-way voice chat out of games
REMOVE XBLA demo games from my games played list!!!

Around the Network

Wow, this is huge. If this and the news about the changes to the Core model are both accurate, Microsoft is really stepping things up in a big way.

Biggest deal for Microsoft:

# New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade

That should help expose 360 owners to Arcade and increase sales.

I think the default setting for the 360 should be to not automatically start up DVD games but instead to go to the dashboard. I have a feeling some of these clueless casual types have never even SEEN the dashboard and don't know what all is on it.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

you can turn off the auto read when you turn on the console.... or you are talking about something else... ???

I know I can turn it off, mine is off. I'm talking about the default setting, and the 20-30% of 360 owners who don't even know what Xbox Live Arcade is.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

oh ok, yeah true

Around the Network

If they add half that stuff (clans and IPTV in particular), Sony's XBar is going to have to come even further just to keep up.

After using the PS3s menu system for a few days, I wholly appreciate the Dashboard even more. It's the most Apple-like thing MS has ever done when it comes to clean, simple, and functional GUIs.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/