By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Star Ocean The Last Hope Battle Videos

Destiny Blade said:
Shadowblind said:

New Star Ocean 4 Trailer; Reimi and Edge edition. Video looks Sweet!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/949/949606p1.html 

TBH, I'm totally sick of the cliche main characters. I really was hoping for something different, like Vesperia's main. But whatever.... 

It will be a loong time, if ever, before there's another main character like Yuri.

The cliche main is what people seem to like.

I wish that Square Enix would just TRY making an original main. Theres so many possibilities for such amazing types of leads for their games, and yet they always go with the same as last time. Ugh.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

@Shadow

Originality is usually reserved for villains in JRPG's. I think people like to be safe when making the main character, so they end being cliche in one way or another. I agree that it would be cool if SE decided to try something different, though. It's kinda gets old playing basicly the same character over and over.

Destiny Blade said:
@Shadow

Originality is usually reserved for villains in JRPG's. I think people like to be safe when making the main character, so they end being cliche in one way or another. I agree that it would be cool if SE decided to try something different, though. It's kinda gets old playing basicly the same character over and over.

This is what I once put in my post (Its called the 7 Steps to Improve the Tales series or something, if you want to look it up. Goes into more detail on the matter.) that maybe they should make the same personality as the villain, with some heroic changes added, to become the main, or any mixture of the idea.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

WOW! and some reviewers thought this game was worse then TLR.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Shadowblind said:
Destiny Blade said:
@Shadow

This is what I once put in my post (Its called the 7 Steps to Improve the Tales series or something, if you want to look it up. Goes into more detail on the matter.) that maybe they should make the same personality as the villain, with some heroic changes added, to become the main, or any mixture of the idea.

It would be nice to see more anti-heroes like Yuri take a lead role just for variety, but it's very hard to pull that off most of the time. Although three-dimensional, characters like that usually start out complete already. They tend to stay the same from start to finish. That's why I don't think we see characters like that as mains very often. As cool as Yuri was, he suffered from this, too. It's the main reason I thought Flynn should have been a party member.

Around the Network

I am really really worried about the framerate. I hope it's the video recording because it seems to be a bit inconsistent

the_bloodwalker said:
I am really really worried about the framerate. I hope it's the video recording because it seems to be a bit inconsistent

I thought it was just me, or my computer. The framerate was a little choppy in those videos in the OP.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
the_bloodwalker said:

Video from flash = 15 fps

Actual game run = 60 fps

MOmO_X said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Actual game run = 60 fps

Where did you get that from?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
MOmO_X said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Actual game run = 60 fps

and even with that there are many other videos of Xbox360 and PS3 games with far better framerate