By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Does anyone else find this a little "suggestive"? (Online chat related)

As i was tinker through some of the options for my Wii, I decided to use some parental controls for fun. I got to a point where it began asking me what I wanted to restrict. Here is what I found "suggestive":

"Restrict online user-to-user communication and the exchange of user generated content: Yes/No"

This sounds as if Nintendo is talking about online chatting and profile sharing. Doesn't any one else think so? I know this is just speculation, but it does sound as if that's what is being implied.

The only part I can think that can be debunked would be "exchange of user generated content". That could have been reference to the WiiConnect24 function like downloading Elebits maps.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network

Yep. This is in relation to the message channel and the WiiConnect24 sharage. Did you watch the MP3 preview that Ben put up. It shows that MP3 will allow you to share points and other stuff with friends.

That seems pretty cool!

I didn't watch any of the MP3 videos because I am a huge stiffler when it comes to spoilers.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!