By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which companies(any company related to gaming) do you dislike/hate?

Groucho said:

I'll be the first to say it: Microsoft.

I really dislike the policies they are trying to shove down user's throats as the norm... namely:

* Subscription fees for online
* Piecewise console sales (HDD, wireless network adaptor, controller recharge pack, HD-DVD addon, proprietary HDD, etc.), which add up fast.
* Low-quality hardware that's lucky to outlast its warranty, and that may damage your DVDs, games, etc.
* Lackluster backwards compatibility that requires purchasing the add-ons listed above to utilize.
* Heavy handed "theft" of cross-platform titles, turning them into 360 2nd-party exclusives, denying the consumer's right to choose which platform they prefer the title on.
* Limited 1st-party support.
* "Classic" ugly Microsoft user interface concepts (NXE).

Besides my issues with the controller, and the low-grade of the hardware (which is a major factor -- I want to be able to play games for a while after my warranty expires, if I treat my hardware well!) , the listed reasons are the main reasons I prefer my PS3, and wish Sony well.  

Microsoft sucks.  I would prefer they stay away from gaming -- they're only in the console market to protect their other interests, and that doesn't benefit the gamer in any way.  They don't even care about competing, and upping the gaming quality bar, as much as making sure the other guy can't compete with Windows.  Lame.

this.

Around the Network

microsoft: cheap, cheap ass 360, i got a blue screen of death on my pc

Microsoft, SCE, and Ubisofts Wii and DS offerings,

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I dislike Microsoft, but that's on my sig, so moving on...

-Valve: Don't get me wrong, I love the Half-Life series, Left4Dead and the amazing Portal, they know their thing when it comes to 1st person games, but i really hate the Steam policies, their lazy way of development and some policies (BTW Counter Strike and Team Fortress suck)...

-Bungie: It's more of the MS dislike, i really loved Marathon, Myth and Oni, but since Halo, all they did was Halo, Halo and more Halo, its cool they have a strong series and they got a lot of money for it, but they got safe all over the years because MS only put money for guess what? Halo... i really need to see something new from them now that they got independent...

-EA: I'm forgiving them a little bit because of Dead Space and Mirrors Edge (and the fact that one FIFA game for once turned out better than a Pro-Evo game), but i'm still mad with their DRM policies, and their lazy development with some games like the infamous Madden...

-Crytek: They're really good artists, but they have a really messy development team, Crysis consumes more resources than it actually should, and i think that hurts their marketshare, because not a lot of people can have a computer that runs the game smoothly...

-Yoichi Wada... Nuff said

-Vivendi Universal: They made a joke of what could've been 2 amazing mascots (Crash & Spyro)...

Around the Network

1. MS for making console(s) that started dumbing down PC games.
2. Sony for making console that continued the trend MS made.
3. EA for making crap and for destroying good game companies.
4. Nintendo for... The Great Giana Sisters!!
(Anyway Nintendo has done it right all the time what comes for separating PC games and console games. :) )

Drum roll................................................ SONY

two of many reasons are in my sig below.

Bethseda first for dumbing down Elder Scrolls and even more for staining the Fallout name with the POS Fallout 3.

Electronic Arts for it's shitty activation DRM system and replacing Sim City with The Sims, as well as killing Bullfrog studio

Microsoft for killing mechwarrior series , paid online, forcing x360 pads on pc community, forcing stupid GfWL, destroying the FPS genre by making it console friendly.

Nintendo for their arrogance and no pricedrop policy and for releasing crappy gimmick games.

Epic for betraying PC community which made them great developer and not only they catter to console kiddies now but also openly spread PC hate in interviews.

Lucas Arts for releasing the Crap Unleashed instead of proper sequels to Jedi Knight/Academy

Midway for releasing MK vs DC instead of proper Mortal Kombat.

I have a feeling the list of developers I like would be much shorter :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

dsister44 said:

i wouldnt say that last time somebody opposed microsoft had them poisoned(steve jobs)well im going that opposite i say apple

Apple has opened gaming biz confirmed? Riiiiight.

indodude said:

Which companies(any company related to gaming) do you dislike/hate?

Returning to OP.

Rationally I think SCE is the company to dislike because of what they've been doing to the industry and consumers. "Premium-esque" pricing, mental ads, sacrificing the target audience for corporate ambitions, not listening to 3rd party publishers and developers, stealing ideas from Ninty and being quite offencive to the public -- their sins are too many.