By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New news from Japan for 360: Atlus deving on 360 now + tons more

Via NeoGAF:

MS
- didn't expect the hardware sales to grow as much as they did
- gears 2 is in the process of being properly localized for JP, some stuff must be cut
- not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen

Bandai Namco
- surprised how well ToV sold. Gundam Musou 2 also did well
- Naruto Narutimate Storm (sp?) showed Japan's ability to put out a "super anime" game, or something
- plan to release 5-6 games on 360 this year. since it's HD they are all big titles
- some new IP

- i-mas DLC sales were a massive surprise. even though they don't sell overseas, the dev costs are totally covered

Bethesda
- bully and fallout 3 left a good impression
- the cancellation of star trek legacy was because the contract had run out, even though the dev was basically done
- fallout 3 sales were good
- will release multiple titles in 2009, including a surprising big project using another firm's IP
- will not release any games with an average review score less than 80

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular
- 2009 will be multi-platform year
- sequels to Dead Rising and Lost Platform will be put out. They'll be multiplatform, but the 360 versions will have something a little different

Codemasters
- will probably release Dirt in japan too (Grid came out this month)
- thinking about a sequel to Overlord
- Xbox users love their games

EA
- Japan can expect Dante's Inferno
- considering selling retail games online, like they are doing with ps3
- will release close to 2008's number of games (17) this year

Atlus
- developing for 360

5pb
- putting lots of effort into 360 this year
- 3D is expensive so prefer 2D dev
- shooting games future will depend on how well dodonpachi and ketsui sell

From Software
- Ninja Blade coming out simultaneously worldwide (is it!?)
- Developing a 360 only game after Ninja Blade will be very difficult, waiting to see how the Japan market goes

Koei
- gundam musou 2 sold 60k on 360, feeling some positive response from the market
- including ports, will release quite a few games this year
- planning some new IP too
- will also make full use of Tecmo's skills

Q
- Mizuguchi not involved much in N3 II - devs are feelplus
- info will come out in spring
- planning collaboration with atari

Sega
- feel 360 is holding up well
- planning a (some?) big title besides Bayonetta. it's multi but they expect 360 owners will be happy nevertheless

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

man, i hope most of their stuff is multiplatform.

i dont get why they have to give the 360 extra content on games. theyre making the same amount of money whether someone buys a 360 verson of ps3 version of a game

mrstickball said:

Via NeoGAF:

MS
- didn't expect the hardware sales to grow as much as they did
- gears 2 is in the process of being properly localized for JP, some stuff must be cut
- not considering BD version of 360. they slyly dodge the question of a slim 360, but seems something will happen

Bandai Namco
- surprised how well ToV sold. Gundam Musou 2 also did well
- Naruto Narutimate Storm (sp?) showed Japan's ability to put out a "super anime" game, or something
- plan to release 5-6 games on 360 this year. since it's HD they are all big titles
- some new IP

- i-mas DLC sales were a massive surprise. even though they don't sell overseas, the dev costs are totally covered

Bethesda
- bully and fallout 3 left a good impression
- the cancellation of star trek legacy was because the contract had run out, even though the dev was basically done
- fallout 3 sales were good
- will release multiple titles in 2009, including a surprising big project using another firm's IP
- will not release any games with an average review score less than 80

Capcom
- RE5 will sell 5-6 million. Within Japan, expect sales of 500k on one of the platforms
- demo was very popular
- 2009 will be multi-platform year
- sequels to Dead Rising and Lost Platform will be put out. They'll be multiplatform, but the 360 versions will have something a little different

Codemasters
- will probably release Dirt in japan too (Grid came out this month)
- thinking about a sequel to Overlord
- Xbox users love their games

EA
- Japan can expect Dante's Inferno
- considering selling retail games online, like they are doing with ps3
- will release close to 2008's number of games (17) this year

Atlus
- developing for 360

5pb
- putting lots of effort into 360 this year
- 3D is expensive so prefer 2D dev
- shooting games future will depend on how well dodonpachi and ketsui sell

From Software
- Ninja Blade coming out simultaneously worldwide (is it!?)
- Developing a 360 only game after Ninja Blade will be very difficult, waiting to see how the Japan market goes

Koei
- gundam musou 2 sold 60k on 360, feeling some positive response from the market
- including ports, will release quite a few games this year
- planning some new IP too
- will also make full use of Tecmo's skills

Q
- info will come out in spring
- planning collaboration with atari

Sega
- feel 360 is holding up well
- planning a (some?) big title besides Bayonetta. it's multi but they expect 360 owners will be happy nevertheless

HOLY CRAP STICKBALL you just made my day with the Vesperia comment! I'm almost absolutely sure its wrong unless all the people speaking of discontinuation are wrong, but f*** yeah! Namco being pleased makes me pleased. :D

Atlus
- developing for 360

Good. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Someone beat you to it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=58536