By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official vgchartz Street Fighter 2 HD remix Thread

Destiny Blade said:
I haven't played this online yet.

Is there a lot of lag, or is it actually good?

I don't get alot of lag, but there are annoying disconnects sometimes.

Around the Network
Domo-Kun said:
I know Dogs and Dawve play sometimes.

Dogs is pretty new to SF, but he's a quick study, and is getting good pretty quickly.

Sure, we'll welcome the warhawkers if they want.

Also, I tend to find better matches in friendly than ranked.

Ranked matches seem to have alot of people who pick Akuma and Honda and cheap you to death for win% and rank points.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Domo-Kun said:
Also, I tend to find better matches in friendly than ranked.

Ranked matches seem to have alot of people who pick Akuma and Honda and cheap you to death for win% and rank points.

What's a ranked game? Is it scoreboard? I've been playing 70% of my games on quick scoreboard matches and the remaining via friendly matches (few tournaments), and yet my rating is zero. Don't really care much for rating, but I'm confused as to how it works.

I honestly don't know.

I gave up on rated games a long time ago due to cheapness.

Given, in SF there is really no such thing as cheap, but I've had people pick Honda and do litteraly nothing but headbutt until they win.

Gets old pretty quickly. :P

We'll miss you George.

Around the Network

Man, Honda's head butt is nothing compared to Balrog's chain throw. I have no clue how to stop that shit, I just try to jump away and soak the damage of an uppercut to avoid losing.

As for Honda, I find that the best way to beat him is to mix up and use jumping attacks since it seems like he has weak anti air. Either way, Honda isn't that bad when I use guile.

Yeah Guile is pretty uber Vs. Honda, unless the person you are playing hows how to space Oicho and jab headbutts.

There is 2 methods you can use to escape Rog's throw chain:

1. Throw him back. You can mash the button of your choice to pull off the throw that you want, and you'll have about a 50% chance to throw him stead of you getting thrown yourself.

2. Jump straight up and toss out a short or jab. This is character dependant, but I know as Hawk, with a 1 frame jump, I can usually just jump straight up and stick out a knee to get out of the throw loop.

As Guile you shouldn't have much of an issue keep Rog out. Jump back roundhouse in a corner is very hard for him to deal with if everything else fails.

We'll miss you George.

I normally use Ryu, Akuma, Ken, or Cammy (in that order), however I do play with Chun Li and Sagat too. Oh, and I'm definitely casual nowadays, but I'll play anyone. I haven't played recently, but I haven't been home either.

As Domo-kun said, nothing is really cheap, but some people haven't seen certain move combinations spammed to death. Once they figure out how to deal with it, it isn't that bad any more.

I'll have to add everyone to the list

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

GGS bbsin.

Ended 7-6 in his favor. (Damn his turtle ass Guile. :P)

We'll miss you George.

Add d21lewis! I'm good with Ryu, Ken, Blanka, Edmond Honda, Chun Li, and Cammy.