By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - X360 Official Blog Opinion on Killzone 2!!! Shocking!!!

Here is something to make some 360 owners Green with Envy!

Competition check - Killzone edition

Being an office of many magazines, we all get to see the big competitor games when they come in. So, in the past year, between all the 360 love, well, we’ve seen LittleBigPlanet. And that’s about it. 2009 is already shaping up to be a little more varied though, and it began today when I noticed Killzone 2 preview code casually sitting on a desk in our sister magazine Play’s work area.

Naturally, I asked for it to be put on, and twenty minutes of beautiful, gritty, heavy gunplay later, I’m back to post my impressions. It’s good. Really good in fact. this is the genre that has belonged to the 360 since its inception, but it finally looks like Sony has an Ace in its deck. Visually, Killzone 2 is quite something - besting even Gears 2 in the motion-blurred grey battleground stakes, and the weight and purpose of everyting from the weapons to the characters is somethign to behold. Most importantly, though, it’s really satisfying to play. The enemy AI, coupled with a well implemented cover system (unusual for an FPS) means Killzone 2’s skirmishes are uniquely challenging and gratifyingly meaty.

Of course, the key to success in this genre is variety, and having only seen a snippet of the opening mission, it’s hard to judge whether Killzone 2 will switch up its speed and set pieces enough to enter the Pantheon of truly great shooters. But for a first impression - wow. Halo ODST has a lot to live up to.

Source: "http://blog.360magazine.co.uk/uncategorized/competition-check-killzone-edition/"

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network

It's not a review but more of an admintance of a good game so far :D

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

This was posted before

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

it's a blog, so writers are ok to post anything. On the official page, they definitely can't praise competitor's game!

Killzone 2 FTW!

Around the Network

cool ,respect for giving an objective as possible take!

I have paid little attention to KZ2 on purpose. When a movie comes out that I think I am really going to like, I kind of steer clear of previews and the like, that way, I keep my expectations as null as possible. I am starting to have trouble keeping neutral about KZ2 as the drumbeat of positivity is hard to ignore.

welcome to the chartz!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

They would do everyone a service if they didn't show the E305 trailer snapshot.

This kind of positive attention being paid to a competitor's exclusive is a bit odd. Something's telling me if this were a 360 exclusive, this game would have monumental attention right now.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.