By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Review: PC BioShock Outshines 360 Version

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/33906/Review-PC-BioShock-Outshines-360-Version 

"If you're debating which version to get, the PC version handles better. In part it's because of the greater precision with the mouse and keyboard, but also with how the plasmids and weapons are selected."

"The PC version definitely outclasses the Xbox 360, mostly because of the ability to crank the resolution to 1920 x 1200. If you've got a Vista rig with a DX10 card, you can expect some heightened particle effects, crisper real-time shadows, and more dynamic water, but the game looks gorgeous regardless. On our gaming PC running a Core 2 Quad processor with a GeForce 8800 GTX, and 4 GB of RAM, it ran very well, with only a few occasions of seemingly random framerate hitches."

They don't actually give a score or rating (none that I could find) but I guess the PC version is superior to the 360 version.... of course you need one hell of an expensive gaming rig to run the game

oh found the ratings.. its actually from  pc.ign.com

9.7/10 overall... here's the article

http://pc.ign.com/articles/813/813641p3.html

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

PC will always be the most powerful gaming rig available and the most accurate for games that involve some degree of precision aiming.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

When a console game delivers better graphics, gameplay, sound and controls than its PC counterpart I'll consider that news.

Nothing against the OP, but isn't this kind of expected, especially that bit about cranking the resolutions up to 1920x1200?

geez, that rig musta cost over 5 grands to build.

Galaki said:

Nah, I'd say 1500$ tops, but only if you want to run the resolution that high with full eye candy.

I'll be perfectly happy with 1360x768, and one of my rigs (which cost about 900$ which I built it about six months ago) should be able to handle it - eye candy and all - with aplomb.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

no.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I be playing on my monster PC :DDDDD

Galaki said:

No, less than $1400 if you already have HDTV and sound system.

Around $1900 with a 1920x1200 LCD and 7.1 sound system. 

yeah that's why I'll stick to my XB version I don't have the money to upgrade my 5 years old PC..... and i'd like to know how the plasmid switch is handled.... because I like the way it is on XB.... actually I like better the radial weapon switch on XB than the solution on PC usually.....

about precision on the mouse.... well is it really surprising ???? now I know people on pad god damn precise too.... it's just easier to be precise on mouse...

vid card 8800 $500 
gaming case
$100
decent psu
$100
top mobo
$300
quad xtreme cpu
$1100
4GB ram
$200
gaming keyboard/mouse$150