By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Socom confrontation question

Thinking about buying this game as its only 28.99 with the ps headset and when i was looking at the reviews, they all cite connection problems and lag etc as a major bug-bear. Since this is coming out in the E.U. about 4 months after the US version, do you think they would have released patches that eliminates this problem? Any U.S. socomers who have downloaded patches and thinks they end the problems with connecting?

Around the Network

Yeah its not nearly as bad as it was in the beginning. However It's one of those titles your going to love or hate, and if you're gonna get it don't plan to play it right a way. Huge updates on the game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

what huge updates are coming?

Well i mean it takes a long time to download. Right now its version 1.3 (half a gig update) which pretty much fixed a lot of things and added trophies, it made the game and menus a lot smoother which were some of the worst menus i have seen in history. They're still bad, but not as bad. Also got rid of a few glitches people were using. It is a decent game and if you like that kind of game then get it, but if you're just looking for a standard online shooter like wait for Killzone 2. (was in the beta for that and it is GOOD)

With Socom the learning curve is HUGE and most people who play it are veterans of the game playing ever since the first game so expect to die a lot at first. It's a good game, but the competition is better imo.

oh thanks i have resistance 2, BF BC and cod waw to play online i guess, just wanted something different you knnow?! Was the beta graphics comparable to the final review graphics were seeing now?

Around the Network

The beta graphics blew my mind and gameplay itself imo was flawless. I have seen pictures of the new build, however i would have to play the actual new build to really comment. seeing pictures and actually playing is completely different. The only problem i really had with the beta was that whenever I was playing as a scout, everynow and then when I turned invisible my system would completely freeze up. Also some server master error. I'm sure that's been fixed though seeing how it was the beta.

Add me on PSN if you like, i have the same username, SoulSamurai.

lag its gone, and the server problems are gone.

but i find the menu abit sluggish but thats a minor thing.

once you get in game all goes away.

I love Socom. However, it is filled with hardcore gamers and patience is a must if you want to become better at this game. It's players mostly far excel the level of your average cod player (that's average player, some are ofcourse extremely good. The bad just outweigh in that game)

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979