By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 game lineup for 2009, it seems beyond impressive

Great year for xbox360/PS3 owners.

Around the Network

Divinity 2 is the one that I feel hyped about!

obamanian said:
shio said:
obamanian said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Now now tremble I own a ps3 my self and I think that the ps3 has a greater line up this year but let's not insult the 360 ppl like they do to us...If they think the 360 has a impressive line up then leave them be. =)

It is not very hard to see that 360 has a vastly bigger RPG lineup, and for me as a RPG gamer is the only main system in 2009, of course i am glad top have a PS3 too, since it does get 1-2 RPGs i want and a few other cool titles

It is all about individual preference, PS3 lineup is great, but 360 one is far greater for someone like me that want RPG's and huge open world games, like KUF2, Alan Wake etc

I think you'd be happier with a PC, if those are the main things you want.

Actually the funny part is that i have not a single PC game that i would miss, every single PC game i wanted, like Divinity 2, Two Worlds Temptation, Witcher, Dragon Age, Risen etc are all on 360, and 360 also gets Balck Legion, Fable 2, Mass Effect 2 first before PC and all the JRPG's that i want, FF13, SO4, LO etc

Also KUF2, Alan Wake etc all can be found on 360

Given i like pad controls and can never play with PC keyboard/mouse and i hate the PC frustration and like the ease of use of 360, i think i will stick to my 360 until some game not on my 360 arrives on PC

I guess xbox720 will be out by then anyway

I have thought many times about upgrading my PC, but each time one of the games i was about to upgrade for (Risen, Witcher, Dragon Age, Divinity 2 etc) are announced for my 360

PC RPGs not on 360:

Afterfall
Deathspank
Diablo III
Drakensang: The Dark Eye
Everquest II
EVE Online
Guild Wars: Eye of the North
Guild Wars Factions
Guild Wars Nightfall
King's Bounty: The Legend
Lord of the Rings Online
Mount & Blade
Neverwinter Nights 2
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
Not the Time for Dragons
Otherland
Pirates of the Burning Sea
Space Rangers 2
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Warhammer Online
World of Warcraft

PC Open world games:

Blackstar Chronicles
Cities XL
Chrome 2
Collapse
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Empire: TOtal War
Global Agenda
Jumpgate Evolution
Sims 3
SPORE
Society
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

That's all I could think of for a couple of minutes.

shio said:
obamanian said:
shio said:
obamanian said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

Now now tremble I own a ps3 my self and I think that the ps3 has a greater line up this year but let's not insult the 360 ppl like they do to us...If they think the 360 has a impressive line up then leave them be. =)

It is not very hard to see that 360 has a vastly bigger RPG lineup, and for me as a RPG gamer is the only main system in 2009, of course i am glad top have a PS3 too, since it does get 1-2 RPGs i want and a few other cool titles

It is all about individual preference, PS3 lineup is great, but 360 one is far greater for someone like me that want RPG's and huge open world games, like KUF2, Alan Wake etc

Actually the funny part is that i have not a single PC game that i would miss, every single PC game i wanted, like Divinity 2, Two Worlds Temptation, Witcher, Dragon Age, Risen etc are all on 360, and 360 also gets Balck Legion, Fable 2, Mass Effect 2 first before PC and all the JRPG's that i want, FF13, SO4, LO etc

Given i like pad controls and can never play with PC keyboard/mouse and i hate the PC frustration and like the ease of use of 360, i think i will stick to my 360 until some game not on my 360 arrives on PC

I have thought many times about upgrading my PC, but each time one of the games i was about to upgrade for (Risen, Witcher, Dragon Age, Divinity 2 etc) are announced for my 360

PC RPGs not on 360:

Afterfall
Deathspank
Diablo III
Everquest II
EVE Online
Guild Wars Factions
Guild Wars Nightfall
Lord of the Rings Online
Mount & Blade
Neverwinter Nights 2
Not the Time for Dragons
Otherland
Space Rangers 2
Warhammer Online
World of Warcraft

PC Open world games:

Blackstar Chronicles
Cities XL
Chrome 2
Collapse
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Global Agenda
Jumpgate Evolution
Sims 3
SPORE
Society

We get it.  The 360/PC list is bigger than the PS3 list, and all us 360 fans are happy about our list and think it is better than the PS3 list.  So of course you have to come in and try to prove us wrong and say PC would be better for us.

All future PS3 fanboys that want to comment on 360/PC exclusivity, please grow up first, look at the forum you are on, then think "Oh, I should probably not say this and go back to my Sony forum like a good forum member."

z101 said:
obamanian said:
NinjaKido said:
SO4 port PLZ!!!

Also Kingom Under Fire looks good too.

Why not grab a Arcade 360 ? They are really cheap now

The arcade 360 is dupery, a confidence trick. I don't know the english word for it

Without a harddisk the xbox is useless: no online, no game patches.

By the way: I don't think the lineup is impressive. For example a game like Two Worlds is listed. The first TW was a mediocre bugfest. The graphics was nice on the pc, but the xbox-version was ugly.

You can still play online and download any patches that will fit on the internal memory.  The arcade 360 isn't a scam/dupery/whatever at all.  It's got a target audience that buys them like crazy because it fits their needs.  Something the PS3 family could learn from.

Around the Network

Agreed, both the PS3 and 360s line up this year is Solid, although i'd give the edge to PS3 for now since White Knight Chronicles and a Final Fantasy XIII demo will hit this year at its own respective times.

Other then that on par pretty much.

if the 360 line up is impressive then the ps3 line up must be the best thing next to slice bread and more holly then god

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

luisgvm said:
Tremble said:
Yeah that's really impressive:

- DLC
- Fake exclusives (PC/360)

that was mean.

well its true though en it.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

shio said:
obamanian said:
shio said:
obamanian said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

PC RPGs not on 360:

Afterfall
Deathspank
Diablo III
Everquest II
EVE Online
Guild Wars Factions
Guild Wars Nightfall
Lord of the Rings Online
Mount & Blade
Neverwinter Nights 2
Not the Time for Dragons
Otherland
Space Rangers 2
Warhammer Online
World of Warcraft

PC Open world games:

Blackstar Chronicles
Cities XL
Chrome 2
Collapse
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Global Agenda
Jumpgate Evolution
Sims 3
SPORE
Society

LOL! most of those "pc only" games are pants...

And you thought that "list" would show us what we are missing out on, seriously lol.

Serious_frusting said:
luisgvm said:
Tremble said:
Yeah that's really impressive:

- DLC
- Fake exclusives (PC/360)

that was mean.

well its true though en it.

They are as real as any.  Can the PS3 play PC/360 exclusives?  No?  Hmmm... Looks like on consoles the game is still 360 exclusive then