By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Im Thinking of Buying a 360

I bought my 360 after I bought a PS3 and the Wii and wish I had bought it first now as it is simply an amazing console, it's the only one I play now, some really good games out for it that should please almost everyone.

My first 360 did break, got it repaired and bought a new jasper unit just after christmas so have two 360's now (old one in the bedroom for the mrs to play lol),

Jump In I say!

Around the Network

First, yes, get one. Get an arcade -- check the build date and get one made November or later -- and then get the $29.99 refurb 20 gig drive. You have a console that will play everything then. Yeah, 20 gigs is small, but it will be fine -- trust me -- especially since you'll be using your PS3 as a blu ray and don't need to download movies and other content on your 360.

That said, I have all three consoles and this is how it has worked out for me: I play my PS3 for the exclusives and for blu-ray. I play my Wii for the exclusives that my daughter is interested in. I haven't picked up the Wii controller since I finished SMG months ago. I play my 360 for the exclusives AND everything else. There are just so many games on the 360 that are awesome and the back catalog of games I still haven't played is astounding -- and grows.

I still check to see which version is "better" between PS3 and 360 and get the better of the two if it exists. If they are "equal" I generally get the 360 because I like the controller better.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
First, yes, get one. Get an arcade -- check the build date and get one made November or later -- and then get the $29.99 refurb 20 gig drive. You have a console that will play everything then. Yeah, 20 gigs is small, but it will be fine -- trust me -- especially since you'll be using your PS3 as a blu ray and don't need to download movies and other content on your 360.

That said, I have all three consoles and this is how it has worked out for me: I play my PS3 for the exclusives and for blu-ray. I play my Wii for the exclusives that my daughter is interested in. I haven't picked up the Wii controller since I finished SMG months ago. I play my 360 for the exclusives AND everything else. There are just so many games on the 360 that are awesome and the back catalog of games I still haven't played is astounding -- and grows.

I still check to see which version is "better" between PS3 and 360 and get the better of the two if it exists. If they are "equal" I generally get the 360 because I like the controller better.

I think I would be like you except the PS3 would be used for everything and not the 360

Neoraf said:

Go for the Xbox 360 if you love RPGs!!!

Some VERY GOOD rpg on the 360 :

Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Fable 2
The Last Remnant
Fallout 3 + Exclusive DLC
Oblivion
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia

and soon STAR OCEAN 4: THE LAST HOPE !!!

Xbox 360 = The RPG console!

On my PS3, rpg is a rare thing...

This is the reason why I've jumped in. I wish I would've boughten an RPGxbox 360 first instead of the ShooterStation 3. If you love RPGs, then get the 360. It's an amazing console.

Izanagi said:

As of now Im a PS3 owner and Im in love with it. However that doesnt mean Im against the Idea of Purchasing the other consoles. But the 360 has always seemed to be that Shooter-only console and I find myself an RPG, Action type gamer and I would like to Know if the 360 can cater to me the way my PS3 has so far (although I will Admit The RPG front is disappointing at the moment)

I know SO4 is coming to the 360 but how good is LO and Blue Dragon? Should I just stick to the PS3 or would investing in a 360 a good idea? Also Im not that big on Paying for Online as I think it should be free

Now you can spot a jasper:

http://kotaku.com/5138903/now-you-can-be-certain-youve-bought-a-jasper

Make sure you get one!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Neoraf said:

Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Fable 2
The Last Remnant
Oblivion
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia

This is the reason why I've jumped in. I wish I would've boughten an RPGxbox 360 first instead of the ShooterStation 3. If you love RPGs, then get the 360. It's an amazing console.

Good to hear you say that! You've seen the truth.

I'll keep saying this :) ... as long as everyone understand this:

The Xbox360 is the "new PS2".
The PS3 is the "new bulky-first-Xbox".

Complete reversal.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:
Mirson said:
Neoraf said:

Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Fable 2
The Last Remnant
Oblivion
Blue Dragon
Tales of Vesperia

This is the reason why I've jumped in. I wish I would've boughten an RPGxbox 360 first instead of the ShooterStation 3. If you love RPGs, then get he 360. It's an amazing console.

Good to hear you say that! You've seen the truth.

I'll keep saying this :) ... as long as everyone understand this:

The Xbox360 is the "new PS2".
The PS3 is the "new bulky-first-Xbox".

Complete reversal.

I totally agree with that Neoraf!

It is soo true...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Izanagi said:

As of now Im a PS3 owner and Im in love with it. However that doesnt mean Im against the Idea of Purchasing the other consoles. But the 360 has always seemed to be that Shooter-only console and I find myself an RPG, Action type gamer and I would like to Know if the 360 can cater to me the way my PS3 has so far (although I will Admit The RPG front is disappointing at the moment)

I know SO4 is coming to the 360 but how good is LO and Blue Dragon? Should I just stick to the PS3 or would investing in a 360 a good idea? Also Im not that big on Paying for Online as I think it should be free

if you have the cash to burn, go for it.

Trust me man, i just got a Xbox 360 arcade model and im freaking LOVING IT.

If you want to own it just for the exclusives or cheaper multi-plat games, then Arcade is the best choice of the 3 since you can always Upgrade to Live and such Later down the road.

Dual HD > eveything else.

Any-day O' the week.