By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Slow Weekend

So I've been noticing a bit of the bickering going on this weekend.  In particular the rivalry between Sony and Wii really picked up.  I think everyone's bored, that's all.  I think that this weekend didn't have a lot of news to talk about and last week was kind of a peak with all the Bioshock reviews.  So here's hoping to some juicy figures this next week and interesting information.  We already know there is a huge party planned for the Wii taking over the 360 so we should all prepare ourselves for the worst and hope for the best.  In general we have very good discussions here.  But sometimes people just start calling names. 

This site will certainly be on display this coming week.  ioi has changed to a new sever.  We're gonna get digged or dugg or whatever u call it.  Certainly we wouldn't want everyone to think that the most reputable sales site on the internet is full of bickering fanboys.

Cheers, and good luck.

Around the Network

Hey no insulting the fanboys, they made this site big, if everybody was all "I respect everyones oppinions." we would never get a intersting discussion going. Personally I don´t have the time or power of will to get up every morning and fight for something that in no way will be effected through my fight and I have no emotional connection to, but these brave fanboys do it anyway, they fight the good fight and I salute them.

(But yeah you´re right they have been stocking up on flamethrowers lately, the mods are the real victims here, everytime I see a thread or comment that is insanly stupid I can just scip it, the mods have to be the referee in a fight between dumb and slightly dumber.)

Oh and here is my new and imporved "Am I a fanboy test"

All you need to do is take your favorite console and replace its brand sticker with the one from the console you dislike the most, (A Nintendo PS3, Sony Xbox 360, Microsoft Wii...) if you then suddenly hate that console you might be a fanboy. ;) 

yes the mods are the victims its getting a little bad

Why cant we all be like me and embrace all 3? =P

I=perfect  <<<<<<<<<<(see the halo)

=D

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
El Duderino said:

Hey no insulting the fanboys, they made this site big, if everybody was all "I respect everyones oppinions." we would never get a intersting discussion going. PersonallyI don´t have the time or power of will to get up every morning and fight for something that in no way will be effected through my fight and I have no emotional connection to, but these brave fanboys do it anyway, they fight the good fight and I salute them.

(But yeah you´re right they have been stocking up on flamethrowers lately, the mods are the real victims here, everytime I see a thread or comment that is insanly stupid I can just scip it, the mods have to be the referee  in a fight between dumb and slightly dumber.)  

Your right I believe if I was the mod I would lock threads that I felt offensive to and move on. Its hard to wake up in the morning and come on this site and find out that there are threads starting up flame wars its annoying. I also El D. skip right past the ones that say "Microsoft is going bankrupt or When will the Wii surpass the Xbox 360?" thats there to start conflict and I hate that with a passion. Either we need strict rules around here or something its hard to walk into a thread and if I say the wrong thing I'm a flamer. Thats why I try to stay in topics now regarding the Xbox 360 that are positive and ignore the ones that start wars.

Lost tears of Kain said:

yes the mods are the victims its getting a little bad

Why cant we all be like me and embrace all 3? =P

I=perfect  <<<<<<<<<<(see the halo)

=D

I agree like I said before if I had the money I would buy all three but my money is limit and the console I saw that was next-gen and had the games that were cheaper was the Xbox 360. But to be honest I love all consoles. Not one is better than the other its just price has alot to deal with my decision and the 360 caught my wallet with its $350 price tag. Looking to invest in a Wii this Christmas just for the simple fact its a cheap little device thats cool. I will just wait for the PS3 to go down a notch and then make the sacrifice. And there thats my opinion, my flame war only has to do with prices regarding a console. Not because Console A doesn't have this and Console B sales better than Console C. Who gives a rats a$$?? I don't I care about price and if its convient for me to warrant the purchase I will do it.