By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there going to be a problem with the Killzone 2 reviews, can we trust?

oh and BTW about "early reviews"

remember the LAIR & HAZE early reviews....they were the worst both games got

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
numonex said:

Lets say we all trust these Kill Zone 2 reviews. Kill Zone 2 has not been overhyped and the game reviewers are only giving the game attention to promote a new upcoming PS3 exclusive game.

Kill Zone 2 may get the AAA reviews but will it not be a PS3 hardware seller due primarily to the fact PS3 owners already bought their PS3 to play other PS3 shooters: such as COD4 & 5, Resistance 1 & 2, etc. The non B/C 80GB PS3 will still be at the high price of $399 for a console. Big deal the Kill Zone 2 game is bundled in for free for a limited time it will not move many PS3 consoles.

its Killzone 2....not Kill Zone 2. and the bundle is only in EU

^^^yup it's different ,,they even explained what will be different(minor improvements) in the final built.

The embargo for ALL sites ends on February 2nd. We're only seeing reviews from certain magazines that happened to be sent out early.

The only "exclusive" review is that of OPM US. There is no foul play at hand.

numonex said:

Lets say we all trust these Kill Zone 2 reviews. Kill Zone 2 has not been overhyped and the game reviewers are only giving the game attention to promote a new upcoming PS3 exclusive game.

Kill Zone 2 may get the AAA reviews but will it not be a PS3 hardware seller due primarily to the fact PS3 owners already bought their PS3 to play other PS3 shooters: such as COD4 & 5, Resistance 1 & 2, etc. The non B/C 80GB PS3 will still be at the high price of $399 for a console. Big deal the Kill Zone 2 game is bundled in for free for a limited time it will not move many PS3 consoles.

Holy fuck man, that isn't even close to having anything to do with this topic.

Around the Network

The game has been ready for month and sites like Gamespot and IGN have had copies allowing them to play all but the last 2 levels for a month so I don't think for once they are making things up...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I don't trust reviews at all. This has nothing to do with ms, nintendo or sony. But I prefer to see if the game fits MY taste, not the one that makes the review.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

darthdevidem01 said:

Not exactly, I remember Lair got one 9/10 and everybody was like "Oh yea, living up to the hype" It was all downhill from there.

Aj_habfan said:
numonex said:

Holy fuck man, that isn't even close to having anything to do with this topic.

Yeah, I was wondering what that had to do with anything.

I can only imagine his posts after the game's first week numbers come in.  If he starts going off about it's sales now, in a thread hardly related to the matter...

Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Not exactly, I remember Lair got one 9/10 and everybody was like "Oh yea, living up to the hype" It was all downhill from there.

it wasnt all downhill...for i enjoyed it

/end derail