By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Awesome Ratchet and Clank Gameplay footage: Give me the demo!

I don't care if you hate ratchet and clank, if you love it or you have no idea what ratchet and clank is but you gotta see this. So awesome:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/ratchet--clank-ps3-290887.php

This is now officially my number one game on the PS3 this year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

This is definitely in the top 3 demos I want:

Uncharted
Lair
Ratchet and Clank

I bought Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal in anticipation of this installment. I have never played the R&C series beforehand.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Just so much going on in there. Dancing dinosaurs, flying around, it's just so beautiful flying around with massive dinosaurs in the air. I was even impressed by how good the conversation in the beginning was done.

The game is running so smooth in that footage that it's ridiculous. They need to put out the demo for this soon. Insomniac are perfecting this series.

Wow, reminds me of mario galaxy some how..

mM
leo-j said:

Why shouldn't it? They are both platformers.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Somewhat like Glaxy but better!

leo-j said:

The SMG comparison: I disagree. Seems to be alot more story/quest driven emphasis in this game...just seems like a completely different feel. The genre is the same but that is about the end of the similarities. Not saying that the game looks bad, platformers do not have to be like mario to be good. I just think they are completely different takes on the same genre is all.

They definitely have some good ideas for the genre going on here, but they have added a bit of TPS to platformer and shaken it up with what appeared to be an inventory and quests etc...and it looks interesting..but it doesn't look much like SMG imho.

My feelings on the game: I am looking forward to reviews on this one, I am a bit skeptical of the sheer amount of stuff they have added to the genre but I am not skeptical to the point where I wouldn't give it a second look once we get closer to launch and we have a bit more info. Essentially I think a good implementation is going to be needed to bring all these elements together properly. But if they do it right this could easily end up on my list of reasons to buy a PS3.

PS - I rarely mention it, but I do in fact plan on purchasing a PS3 or 360 in '08..though I am honestly not sure which one yet.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Somewhat like Glaxy but better!

Hmmm that`s some serious flamebait. As Sqrl said, they are completely different games. R & C has some platforming, but focuses more on weapons and fighting. Mario is pure platforming.