By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seraphic has officially "Jumped in" ! (Epicness)

FKNetwork said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
while NXE is easier but still not as good as PS3 or Wii interfaces sadly.

Are you serious Maxwell? the NXE walks all over the Wii and PS3 interfaces (although PS3's isn't that bad either), the wii's interface is terrible and not in the same league as PS360's interfaces, the wii takes ages to load each channel, they look messy and are very basic plus having to use the wiimote for every menu is soo annoying,

The 360 and PS3 make it feel like the internet/network is intergrated within the console, this can't really be said for the wii, come on, the wii hasn't even got an in-game menu or anything remotely like it either,

I have never ever heard anyone (apart from you) say the wii's interface is better than 360's or PS3's lol, and no, I don't hate the wii or anything (I own one!), just not a fan of the interface at all.....

Well you must think I'm crazy because I like the interface of the blades much better than the NXE's interface.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
FKNetwork said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
while NXE is easier but still not as good as PS3 or Wii interfaces sadly.

Are you serious Maxwell? the NXE walks all over the Wii and PS3 interfaces (although PS3's isn't that bad either), the wii's interface is terrible and not in the same league as PS360's interfaces, the wii takes ages to load each channel, they look messy and are very basic plus having to use the wiimote for every menu is soo annoying,

The 360 and PS3 make it feel like the internet/network is intergrated within the console, this can't really be said for the wii, come on, the wii hasn't even got an in-game menu or anything remotely like it either,

I have never ever heard anyone (apart from you) say the wii's interface is better than 360's or PS3's lol, and no, I don't hate the wii or anything (I own one!), just not a fan of the interface at all.....

Well you must think I'm crazy because I like the interface of the blades much better than the NXE's interface.

Not crazy as such.. (joke lol)

outlawauron said:

Have you tried the guide? is everything the blades were, just sleekier.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
outlawauron said:

What is t he differnce between the NXE and the Blades anyways?

This is a basic over view of what the NXE is, but trust me NXE is much much better than the old blade system IMO.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/283421.html

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
outlawauron said:

What is t he differnce between the NXE and the Blades anyways?

The main difference is the interface, the NXE has a fantastic and very easy to use interface, marketplace is now a lot easier (still not perfect) to find things although the marketplace items can be very slow to load sometimes (everything else is very fast),

You also have the blade menu guide that is like the old blades system but better, the new party chat that lets you stay chatting to your friends no matter what they are doing/playing, you all can be playing different games or watching movies and still chat, add to that the improved friends list (the old style friends list), also the new friends list/tab that shows what your friends are doing (shows their avatars, games etc), achievements are now displayed really well too, new NXE channels and content that will be added to with talk of "mini apps" coming this year so you can add widgets to your interface, another cool new NXE feature is the "community games", some really good games on that so far,

They are also bringing "primetime" soon with those gameshow type games (1 vs 100 etc) which should be fun, you can also install games to hard drive etc, you also have the "photo party" app which lets you share pictures with your friends in real time while chatting on mic or webcam etc,

I personally think it looks amazing (specially in HD) and makes the other systems interfaces look rather dated in comparison, the new themes are also very good (but a rip off),

My only complaint so far is the lack of content for UK owners, the channels don't seem to be updated that much and content seems slow compared to the U.S version which is a shame.

Wow, I have to say it.

15 pages, that's pretty amazing for someone saying they "Jumped In" and wanted some advice, lol.

I guess I will have to post a thread myself when the time comes for when I buy a DS finally :P.

Edit: Takes notes from Seraphic.  Mhm, ok...ok...mhm, yep... *sits pen down on paper*, alright I will be ready!

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

@ chaos

Wha? This weaksauce is only 3 pages. 50 post per page FTW!

@ Bitmap

Yes, but I just find it more difficult to navigate and hate the ads that are far more distracting then they were in the blades.

^^ I tried 50 posts per page didn't like it =/

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

chaospluto said:
^^ I tried 50 posts per page didn't like it =/

It's what the site default was before we could change it I think.