By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Crippled World of Modern Gaming

Gamerace said:
What I miss are the more turn-based RPGs like Buldar's Gate. I don't really care for the action oriented RPGs designed for the consoles. To me and I realize I'm probably a minority, the 3rd person shooter element of Mass Effect really detracts from an otherwise great game for me. Same with Jade Empire - hated the fighting. I guess I prefer more strategy than reflex action in my gameplay. Havn't tried Fallout 3 but I expect the same may hold true.

A Buldar's Gate style RPG on Wii would be amazing though, since you could (potentially) have 4 people playing simultaneously with 4 wiimotes acting as mouses.

If you use VATS in Fallout 3 it's very similiar to a turn based system, but not exactly. It's most definitely not based on reflexes though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

In life people get older, and get closer to dieing by living.

Things gets complicated and time is running out.

Things must be done and people forget their position in life, these positions are inherent and not imposed.

Gamers aren't writers, because they are gamers, these people aren't store owners because they are gamers: Gamers are gamers, gamers can't develop games because they are gamers.

Gamers, buy and play games made by developers. Games are passion not art and not a profession.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Onyxmeth said:
Gamerace said:
What I miss are the more turn-based RPGs like Buldar's Gate. I don't really care for the action oriented RPGs designed for the consoles. To me and I realize I'm probably a minority, the 3rd person shooter element of Mass Effect really detracts from an otherwise great game for me. Same with Jade Empire - hated the fighting. I guess I prefer more strategy than reflex action in my gameplay. Havn't tried Fallout 3 but I expect the same may hold true.

A Buldar's Gate style RPG on Wii would be amazing though, since you could (potentially) have 4 people playing simultaneously with 4 wiimotes acting as mouses.

If you use VATS in Fallout 3 it's very similiar to a turn based system, but not exactly. It's most definitely not based on reflexes though.

Yeah, I guess I should've mentioned I miss leading a party of 4-8 too.  Adds an entirely different dynamic to gameplay both storywise and combat.  Mass Effect has some of that but your very limited in controling the other characters and limited to merely 3.  

I read it all because it was a rant about Fallout 3, which I already complained about, but it's always a good time to complain about Fallout 3! I took about 60 hours to finish it and I definetely enjoyed it, however, I agree with some points he raised, what I would call false-depth :)

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Zkuq said:
DKII said:
Most people enjoy these games, you are a minority, end of story. ;>

I take it you love Wii Sports, Wii Play and Wii Fit? Oh, and The Sims and the countless sports games by EA?

You get the point.

Yes, actually. :p

Anyway Fallout 3 has been to me more about the exploration, where the quests are just a means to prod people along to that end.  There's a lot more to it than just the official questlog quests.