By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I saw my first Wiis in the wild today

Target in Round Rock, Texas had 8 units today about lunchtime.  They had just put them out... Some guy walked up, crapped a brick, and ran around to the desk to get the electronics guy to get him one.  I wasn't there any longer to see if others bought them up or not.

Perhaps some clerk goofed and put their "sunday" allotment out early

This is the first time I have seen Wiis in a retail store ever. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

Since about 2 Months ago, every time i go to the wal mart here in Salem, Oregon, I see 1-3 Wiis in the case.

Yep, they aren't impossible to find now, merely difficult in most areas.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Awesome.. they won't be around very much longer. I saw my first (ten actually) last week at a Wal*Mart in Yorktown, VA (USA)

Just to see, I came back four hours later  and all of them were gone. This was on a Thursday morning. 

Incidentally, the two PS3s that have been there all month are still there.

I say seven Wiis at a target in Vancouver, Washington; and then later that day say about 10 Wiis at the toys R us in Portland, Oregon. All of this on the same day, and on a Friday

Around the Network

Well I still dont ever see any haha. Still see people every Sunday morning waiting in front of Wal Mart or Best Buy or Target.

rockstarjerry981 said:
Since about 2 Months ago, every time i go to the wal mart here in Salem, Oregon, I see 1-3 Wiis in the case.

Woah!!! exact same here..
i live in NJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

ive seen 10 wii's in the local gamestop ever since i started going there in december.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
ive seen 10 wii's in the local gamestop ever since i started going there in december.

Empty display boxes don't count.

To cash in my CC rewards points for $300 in Circuit City gift cards to purchase a 360 or not: That is the question.

I've seen a total of 9 Wiis sitting on shelves. I saw 20 brought out in a shopping cart on launch day (I got number 20, whew), but only 9 since then.