By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean the Last hope. Westernising character models ??

Wait so this game was suppose to be anime-inspired like the Tales of series?

All Ive ever seen is CGI in the trailers. Youre saying CGI is more appealing to western audiences than anime?

And if youre saying they look...."white".....well so does Final Fantasy.

Around the Network

anime versions are better.
same of tales heart game.

I personally like the cgi versions better, though the anime type isn't bad by any means

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I am fine with the CGI portraits other than Lymle who looks way better in the anime style. I don't think they are Westernizing it as much as they are Nomura-fying it to help appeal to FF and KH fans.

I prefer CG for Star Ocean's cutscenes but I think the anime character design looks better. The little girl looks so much cuter! :3

Around the Network

The CG designs are from the Japanese game, they're just giving them more prominence than the drawn models. They didn't "westernize" anything.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Riachu said:
I am fine with the CGI portraits other than Lymle who looks way better in the anime style. I don't think they are Westernizing it as much as they are Nomura-fying it to help appeal to FF and KH fans.

Agreed 100%

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Riachu said:

Agreed 100%

nomura design are japanese, yuna and tidus look is asian.

same for the world ends with you, its all based in shibuya culture.

Thanks for pretending the West consists only of America. -_-

I can understand the idea behind this move, but don't like it. Those outfits are so ridiculous that making anywhere near realistic looking characters wear them looks weird. =P

Shadowblind said:

Ew. Square needs to understand that it wasn't the anime style thats the problem, as SO3 sold graciously. Tales suffers from it because the anime style is its everything, not just small icons that appear during battles.

Agreed. All square did was make them CGI. They still have the same abserd design.

It's not a matter of it being CGI or not.It is the design is not normal. People will look at the design and ask what the person is wearing. If the outfit was like something in real life or in a movie, then it would make sence. It would be "like" something. It has not existed in mainstream culture, so it is odd.