By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am getting annoyed by MS.

I don't know if it's true, but in that case it would be what Sony was waiting for: trying to target Wii without Wiimote, Nunchuck and Balance Board, without Mario, Zelda, WiiFit, etc would be XB360's Waterloo. And with no need for Sony to do anything, so avoiding MS attempts of retaliation, that would all be angrily and blindly aimed at Nintendo, like flying chairs. So good for Sony, actually, that I seriouusly doubt it's more than a Sony exec's wet dream.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Maybe you're just too hardcore for MS?

Maybe you should widen your genre interests a bit. Scene it and Lips are fun games. However if you think Microsoft won't have more hardcore games, then think again. Alan wake we know is coming, and they will have more stuff announced at GDC and E3. Stay calm, and climb off the ledge. Same stuff was said last year. Plenty of games to be played for all

Alby_da_Wolf said:
I don't know if it's true, but in that case it would be what Sony was waiting for: trying to target Wii without Wiimote, Nunchuck and Balance Board, without Mario, Zelda, WiiFit, etc would be XB360's Waterloo. And with no need for Sony to do anything, so avoiding MS attempts of retaliation, that would all be angrily and blindly aimed at Nintendo, like flying chairs. So good for Sony, actually, that I seriouusly doubt it's more than a Sony exec's wet dream.

I don't fear for this generation because it was built on hardcore player segment (and took many out of the Sony world as well, like me...).

But this is a BIG BIG BIG concern for the next gen ! Sony/MS don't give a crap about who they are aiming at, they want to catch their big white whale... just like nintendo did.

For me the next XBOX might just be a tune-up of the current one, they might want to attack the Wii-market (oooh god nooo....).

I'll have to get back to the PC-World then ...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Excellent games line up for 2009 even without the announcements later this year.

Around the Network

Who cares if they put out crap like Lips? Sony does the same exact thing with Singstar.

Lurker said:
Who cares if they put out crap like Lips? Sony does the same exact thing with Singstar.

Hey I like Singstar !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Hardcore games for 09

exclusives

• GTA IV The Lost and damned
  • Ninja Blade
  • Halo Wars
  • Halo ODST
  • Star Ocean The Last Hope
  • Forza3
  • APB
  • Huxley
  • Race pro
  • Splinter Cell
  • (Mass Effect2)

Multiplat

• Tekken 6
  • Resident Evil 5
  • I Am Alive
  • Tom Clancys Hawks
  • Rage
  • etc

Announced Casual:

• Guitar Hero Next
  • ???

DAMN YOU MS! Well Sony has eyePet but this is the only casual game I see coming in HD. (Besides Music games)

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I loved my Xbox and Xbox 360 when I had them because I owned them at a time that they catered to HARDCORE gamers...I think what your saying is absolutely correct...I mean look at Microsoft now putting Avatars and all that kiddie stuff into Xbox LIVE...its sad really...I also remember reading something that a microsoft rep said stating that their next console might go in the direction of the Wii...if that means casual gaming with mediocore graphics...THEY ARE SELL OUTS...I believe the Wiis success has alot to do with the current economic state that were in...as people try to get the cheapest form of entertainment and also something they can share with the whole family and friends when they come over...this will not be the case come next Gen if the economy improves...Microsoft just copies everything everyone else does first...jesus its really pissin me off...only creative thing I can give them props on is Xbox Live...the best online service

I think Microsoft is doing a good job catering to gamers in general. It shocks the hell out of me how much this relative newcomer is getting it right. As long as third parties support the console, it doesn't matter if Microsoft supports casual gaming. There will always be games for the hardcore.