By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I'm a noob with RTS need advice on how to play RA3

yeh the topic pretty much speaks for itself.. Does anyone have hints or tips or any strategies they like to use? I just can't seem to build my army up very fast and get killed by medium level computers.. 

I like to use the russian team as the twinblades seem full of win

other than that what can i do to build up my army, what should i build up with and what is the best way to do it without going bankrupt?

Around the Network

please? anyone?

afaik RA always has a tutorial mode, those ones usually are very helpful. The only other advice i can give is practice a lot, and don't mouse click on things (i don't know if you do) but learn shortcuts to all unit building structures, use numbers for each group (scroll over them and press some kind of combination, usually CNTRL+number).

All these things are what makes a good RTS player.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Take note of where the oil derricks are on the map

1. build barracks first
2. make bears/dogs send them to oil derricks straight away (just a couple)
3. capture with engineers.
4. defend oil derricks - build base next to them to flank opponents.

Make sure to make defences next to miners - even just the cheap ones.

The other thing is to always make sure you send teams of units out that can defend against everything - anti-air as well as anti-unit and anti-tank. Oh and use the hotkeys! Hope this helps.

puffy said:

yeh the topic pretty much speaks for itself.. Does anyone have hints or tips or any strategies they like to use? I just can't seem to build my army up very fast and get killed by medium level computers.. 

lol

RTS are supposed to be played online.

I know they have single player campaigns but online is where the real fun is.

Around the Network

Way to answer his question, slimebeast.

What if he just wants to play some game on his own for now before venturing online?

Thanks to the people that helped, you know who you are..

I'm learning.. Not ready for online or anything like that yet

papflesje said:
Way to answer his question, slimebeast.

What if he just wants to play some game on his own for now before venturing online?

I was just preparing him for the harsh reality that awaits him as a nub online lol.

Nah, I was just kidding. Didn't mean to be an ass really.

Puffy, no hard feelings, eh?

No worries Slimebeast :)

If it's anything like other RTS games...

gather 3-4 times more resource gatehrs then you'd think you'd need... and get as many resources as you can.

That's what gets me about RTS games... way too much effort and focus on the "villagers"